No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Envisions Vasyl Lomachenko in Fresno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Envisions Vasyl Lomachenko in Fresno

Despite his massive amateur credentials and his status as world champion, Vasyl Lomachenko, still has yet to gain a foothold in terms of having a real fan-base witness his talents. Promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank hopes that the reigning WBO featherweight titlist can piggyback a bit off the box-office success of Jose Ramirez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lol wtf Fresno is the meth capitol of the world
    Nobody gives a fcck about Fresno

Comment

You just focus on getting Vasyl some fights, Bob. I personally don't care if he becomes a huge attraction I just want to see my dude fight! Of course it'll be cool if people enjoy his fights enough that he could draw a good audience in the future, but right now all he needs to do is fight and stay in the public's eye. He can't be fighting twice a year this early in his career.
      I wouldn't mind a double header with Ramirez. I don't care if Loma is the co-main, as long as he fights. It'll be a great night of boxing. Loma has a great style and Ramirez brings it for his audience.

Just get Loma in the ring ASAP, Bob! He should be back in March at the latest. Took no punishment in his last fight. No reason to let him sit out until May or something.

Here's a plan: Have Loma defend his 126 belt in early 2016, maybe that could be the Fresno card, who knows? Try to get the best opponent available. There really isn't much for TR fighters at 126, so get someone like Donaire (unless they can somehow get Rigo). I know people are going to complain about Donaire, but at least Donaire is a name and has a decent following, even now that he's not at the top. If Loma can beat him it'll raise his stock. Open the doors for Loma, in a way, if he could make a statement. Like it opened the doors for Walters. Unless people have a better opponent in mind for one last fight at 126.

Salido and Martinez are supposed to fight in early 2016. So while Loma defends his belt at 126, one last time, Salido and Martinez could do their thing. Then Loma moves up and challenges the winner in like the summer. That'll leave the 126 belt open for another TR fighter like OSCAR VALDEZ! Valdez will then become a future rival for Loma.

Just an idea. Top Rank take notes please and Thank You!
      Top Rank should hire me or some **** lol.
      I just felt like rambling. I don't like how TR are handling Loma.

Comment

I have a feeling he's going to be on the Pac-Bradley 3 PPV, but yeah it would be nice if Loma could establish a home base in the us I think they should put him in Sacramento I know it has a big Ukrainian diaspora over there
        Last edited by LomaUsykKlichko; 12-08-2015, 01:15 AM.

Comment

lol its only a matter of time before bob has lomo dressed up in a poncho and sombrero with green,red and white trunks reprenseting la raza

Comment

Bob arum "raise prices and still sell out" while al haymon giving out tickets to his shows, and putting fights on over the air cable. Can't wait for arum to kick the can and hopefully the end of his merry go round of in house fights. Manny vs Bradley 3!? Manny vs Crawford?! The best story line and most world wide interest would be manny vs khan!

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
              I have a feeling he's going to be on the Pac-Bradley 3 PPV, but yeah it would be nice if Loma could establish a home base in the us I think they should put him in Sacramento I know it has a big Ukrainian diaspora over there
              Exactly. I'm in the Sac area and the Ukrainian population here is huge.
              I'd make the drive to Fresno to see Loma though

Comment

Ahhh yes, let one of his 2 fights a year be in Fresno...

Comment

Say what you want about arum, but he knows how to build fighters as an attraction more than any other promoter in the U.S., and there isn't anyone else even close.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcityusa805 View Post
                    Bob arum "raise prices and still sell out" while al haymon giving out tickets to his shows, and putting fights on over the air cable. Can't wait for arum to kick the can and hopefully the end of his merry go round of in house fights. Manny vs Bradley 3!? Manny vs Crawford?! The best story line and most world wide interest would be manny vs khan!

Jesus you're demented. Have a bloke die for boxing?

Arum has more promotional talent in his pinky than Haymon does in his whole body.

Oh, and people like Arum and Don King don't die. Younger generation of promoters will die before they do.

Comment

Working...
                    X