Collapse
No announcement yet.

If youve given the right to change one rule in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an amendment... keep 24hour weigh ins but make rehydration limits mandatory....

and the lighter weight classes, rehydration up to 6lbs (up to superfeather).... then 8lbs (up to middleweight).... then 10lbs (up to cruiser)....

and i think the heavyweights should have a weight limit of 230lbs and a bf% requirement of no more than 15%

Comment

same day weigh ins.

24 rehydration is a freaking joke and making a mockery of the sport.

a featherweight should be 126lbs on fight night. not 147lbs.

a welterweight should be 147lbs on fight night. not 154-160lbs.

a bantamweight should be 118lbs on fight night. not 130lbs.

day before weigh ins is an abomination to the sport.

Comment

If a round is close it should automatically be given to the aggressor. If your coming forward making the fight, then counterpuncher/boxer should have to clearly win the round to earn it. I think this would make for much better action.

Comment

I would return to the weigh in for the fight being about 8 hours before the fight instead of the current system of weighing in about 32 hours before the fight. The fighters would have 8 hours to digest a big meal and take in some fluids but not enough time to gain more than a few pounds without being bloated and waterlogged. You would never see fighters gaining 15 pounds between the weigh in and the fight the way they so often do these days.

Comment

Working...
          X