No announcement yet.

Did you know one of the Watson twins played Pro MLB Baseball? Photos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Darryl Strawberry is a prime example of being skinny and being a good player. He was drafted first overall in 1980 by the Mets and went on to have a great career

Comment

There should be an official meme thread for this two

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        He earned his stripes legitimately.

Also he spent a lot of time in the minor league, which is a step below the major league. And if you think it's not possible for slim players to make it into professional league baseball, then think again. It's like saying it's not possible for someone 5 foot 3 to make it into the NBA and be successful too.

Skinny MLB players article...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-tons-of-power
        Dude I was the MVP of my high school baseball team my junior year lol, that don't mean jack. I also made the all star game where only the top players from each team get to make it. I never got a scholarship all I could get was a junior college placement, I didn't play anymore. Just cause he was highschool MVP means jack lol.

The godson of Eric Davis, a former Major League Baseball player....there is his connection, I seen some video of him playing he is ok, he is a contact hitter like Ichiro, there are thousands of players so he beat them all in the minors? you do realize connections is how you get a look from a major team right? a scout will inform the team to give this guy a chance or call up.

Not saying he wasn't any good, I am not doubting that but he obviously had connections, after all he is the godson of Eric Davis fmr manager.

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Darryl Strawberry is a prime example of being skinny and being a good player. He was drafted first overall in 1980 by the Mets and went on to have a great career

Darryl Strawberry was not WEAK looking, This watson kid has chicken legs, Darryl was 6 foot 6 and strong as an ox with a large frame.
        Last edited by hectari; 03-24-2014, 02:17 AM.

Comment

These buffoons are a big reason why I would far rather watch HBO than Showtime boxing.

Comment

They serve no other purpose than to show their ugly mugs on TV behind the fighters and it appears they cannot close their mouths entirely as you can always see their horse looking teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Dude I was the MVP of my high school baseball team my junior year lol, that don't mean jack. I also made the all star game where only the top players from each team get to make it. I never got a scholarship all I could get was a junior college placement, I didn't play anymore. Just cause he was highschool MVP means jack lol.

The godson of Eric Davis, a former Major League Baseball player....there is his connection, I seen some video of him playing he is ok, he is a contact hitter like Ichiro, there are thousands of players so he beat them all in the minors? you do realize connections is how you get a look from a major team right? a scout will inform the team to give this guy a chance or call up.

Not saying he wasn't any good, I am not doubting that but he obviously had connections, after all he is the godson of Eric Davis fmr manager.

Darryl Strawberry was not WEAK looking, This watson kid has chicken legs, Darryl was 6 foot 6 and strong as an ox with a large frame.

You're trying to downplay his accomplishments and talent though, which is kinda sad (not for him, but for you). You can't say oh I'm not saying he's not any good, and then next sentence say he has chicken legs suggesting he can't possibly be that good.

To stick and be fairly successful even in the minors, you HAVE to be good! Regardless of whether or not you have connections. Connections help, but you are not getting a call-up if you don't have potential. You're not going to last even playing an entire seasons for several years in the minors either. His story is not unusual whatsoever, even though you try to really reach painting that pictures.

Comment

the funny thing is htat the watsons, through their involvement with boxing or whatever else, have done more with their lives than most nsbers who insult them.

you're jealous. we get it. you see these guys at big fights and talking in fighter's ears and you get jelly.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                  They serve no other purpose than to show their ugly mugs on TV behind the fighters and it appears they cannot close their mouths entirely as you can always see their horse looking teeth.
                  I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    the funny thing is htat the watsons, through their involvement with boxing or whatever else, have done more with their lives than most nsbers who insult them.

you're jealous. we get it. you see these guys at big fights and talking in fighter's ears and you get jelly.
                    Jealous? lol...good god. Ill break it down to you. I'm jealous of what? They're teeth? How they look like they're about to fall asleep? No. Not everything revolves around base impulses and emotions such as jealousy. When I buy a ppv or watch a subscription based premium network, I have the right, as does everyone else here, to make any comment I want with regards as to who and what is on my television. In this case, its two brother's whose teeth look like a line of urinals. I have no need to be jealous of anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

^^^^^ This

Comment

Working...
                      X