Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The longest break between two fights between two fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    The punch Holmes KO'd Weaver with in the rematch was pretty nasty.
    Dude... You just killed it for me! I got this fight on my Larry Holmes collection. I was about to watch it in suspense not knowing what happens. But, you freaking ruined it by telling me the results. Was it necessary to post a comment like that about gaps between fights.. Just saying...

Comment

Fenech-Nelson III was a pure circus act which really shouldn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        Fenech-Nelson III was a pure circus act which really shouldn't count.
        It shouldn't count on their record either. But oh well!

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
          Dude... You just killed it for me! I got this fight on my Larry Holmes collection. I was about to watch it in suspense not knowing what happens. But, you freaking ruined it by telling me the results. Was it necessary to post a comment like that about gaps between fights.. Just saying...
          History section, chief. Not my fault you don't know what happened a dozen years ago!

I guess no one should discuss any fight results from the past because one person on here didn't see it yet?

In case you didn't see it yet....Ray Robinson KO'd Gene Fullmer with a left hook in the fifth round of their rematch. Sorry if I ruined that one for you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
            I think Tim Witherspoon and Greg Page fought again in the late 90s, and Virgil Hill and Maske rematch when they were both past it.

Holmes and Weaver is arguably the longest, 21 years after.
            You can't really say arguably. If it's the longest, then it's the longest. It's a very factual basis not opinion lol.

Comment

History section, chief. Not my fault you don't know what happened a dozen years ago!

I guess no one should discuss any fight results from the past because one person on here didn't see it yet?

In case you didn't see it yet....Ray Robinson KO'd Gene Fullmer with a left hook in the fifth round of their rematch. Sorry if I ruined that one for you as well.
              This topic is not about the results. Its about gaps between rematches. It's just soo ironic that that was the one fight I wanted to watch not knowing how it ended. I just didn't expect it would be the one with the results mentioned. But, i guess I have to be humane and forgive you!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                hopkins and jones

'93 - 2010

duran - leonard

'80 - '89

pretty sure [Ted "kid"] lewis and britton fought a gazillion times over six or seven years
                would check the boxrec but they're telling me their servers are overloaded. sounds bogus to me.
                Ted Kid Lewis and Jack Britton fought a gobsmacking 20 times, now thats as many fights as James J Jeffries had in his entire career. I have a thread somewhere with a link to a newspaper report of at least one of those. In the one I do remember reading, it seems that Ted Kid Lewis had a bit of a shocker on that night with the reporter saying that he could not believe that this young Kid Lewis would ever amount to anything, obviously one of his early fights and one where he seemed incredibly green,, gotta start somewhere. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fenech V Nelson III, now the remarkable fact of this fight was that those two had been retired for many years before they signed for that, it turned out to be a very poor decision of Azumah to take that fight as fenech really gave him what for in that bout, and Fenech obviously had a lot more to motivate him there....... In my mind and anyone else who saw the Vegas fight,, Jeff and Azumah went into fight #3 at 1 win apiece,, the Vegas fight still is the worst decision (and most corrupt) of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                  This topic is not about the results. Its about gaps between rematches. It's just soo ironic that that was the one fight I wanted to watch not knowing how it ended. I just didn't expect it would be the one with the results mentioned. But, i guess I have to be humane and forgive you!
                  Sorry I strayed so far off topic by giving the result of a fight being discussed that took place 12 years ago.

Next time a fight is discussed you need to come on and tell folks not to talk about the fight itself in case you didn't see it.

Comment

Sorry I strayed so far off topic by giving the result of a fight being discussed that took place 12 years ago.

Next time a fight is discussed you need to come on and tell folks not to talk about the fight itself in case you didn't see it.
                    If I did that then they'd surely tell me to bust my bubble. I know you didn't do it purposefully. It was just one of the weird irony's of life that it was just that one obscure fight that I wasn't ready to know about.

Comment

Working...
                    X