• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the OT:

Every boxer out there has faced good opponents who were past their
    prime, but I don't think it can be argued that Floyd's "old HOFer" comp
    was as past-it as Calzaghe's. Mayweather has some pretty big-ass
    (prime or nearly so) scalps on his resume.

Calzaghe's main out is that there weren't many profitable fights ASIDE
    from a very old BHop and Roy, and Joe himself wasn't exactly young
    when he fought them.

Floyd, on the other hand, had plenty of quality options for matches,
    with respectable drawing power (Cotto, Margs, etc). Floyd however
    chose to retire, and fan frustration led to all the unfortunate calls of
    "ducking".

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
      Joe Calzaghe is a perfect parallel to Mayweather. Hopkins and RJJ are both first ballot HOFers. But do you give Joe Calzaghe credit for his wins over them? Nope. Floyd is undefeated you say? So is Joe. Unlike Floyd Joe doesn't have a controversial loss(Castillo). Joe is also 46-0. Floyd's got some catching up to do.

Hopkins and RJJ are the DLH and Mosley of Mayweather's resume. Take those 2 away. Mayweather does not have a single HOFer on his resume that he fought in their weight class.

Boom.

Exposed.

But Floyd is a Black American. That lends him credibility he wouldn't have other wise. His blind bat fans(mostly American) will hold up his skills and even though he's not a dynamic fighter.... he does not have any KO power.... his fights have no replay value.

Calzage has 2 controversial decisions,one with Hopkins and one with Rick something(forgot his last name)

Unlike Calzage Floyd gave A fighter who many felt beat him a rematch,Calzage.

And Floyd took far more risk then Calzage.Calzage was known for faking injuries to get out of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosseboi View Post
        I don't really think either fighter can be bashed in all honesty; they're both amazing talents.

That said I've never seen Floyd throw punches in bunches like Joe.

I've never seen Floyd with Joes' footwork.

Nor stamina.

Nor ability to adapt in the ring.

I'm not saying Joe is better but to have those superior attributes - and be bigger so it should be the other way around - is something special.

Your sig has with Haye and Klitscko has me cracking up lol.that is by far the funniest sig i have ever seen.

Back to the subject Everybody knows Floyd is the most Adaptive fighter in the world.Calzage had a hard time adapting to Hopkins and Rick.

Comment

Working...
        X