Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler just mentioned Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont see kessler makin 160 without having trouble. at 160 sergio beats him either way. too much skill and speed combined with a drained kessler does not bode well for the viking. at 168 this is a hell of an intriguing fight. I still give the edge to martinez...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Ya'll dudes are talking just to talk. Martinez moved UP from 154 to challenge Pavlik (who outweighed him by 11 pounds on fight night)

The only 154 pound guy he fought was Dzinziruk who wanted to move up to 160 to challenge him. Pavlik, Barker and Macklin are all MW's and bigger than Martinez.

He's shown enough balls to move up from 147 to 154 and now to 160......clowns like Ward make 175 pound guys come down to 168 for a fight and ya'll are ok with that but Martinez must "grow some balls" and move up to his 4th weight class to be a man?

GTFO with that wack stuff.
      Hey bro, what's up. A little confused by your post. Which 175lb fighter did Ward make come down to 168 again?? I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Kessler weighs about 172 on fightnight for SMW fights. Based on that, I reckon he could make 160 without to much trouble.
        Based on that? 12 lbs is a lot for a guy who isn't fat.

You base it off if he makes close to 160, not 167 etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Hey bro, what's up. A little confused by your post. Which 175lb fighter did Ward make come down to 168 again?? I missed that.
          Dawson....

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
            Dawson....
            Ward didn't MAKE Dawson do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
              i dont see kessler makin 160 without having trouble. at 160 sergio beats him either way. too much skill and speed combined with a drained kessler does not bode well for the viking. at 168 this is a hell of an intriguing fight. I still give the edge to martinez...
              168 is intriguing?

There is a reason why Dibella has already stated they are too big at 168 and come as close to give an example of him losing by saying a good big guy beats a good smaller guy.

Martinez has faced guys who really aren't that good.

Cintron was an OK fighter, who he really beat but at 154, not 147.
              Paul William's again was a beast at 147, not above.
              Pavlik was a decent win, al though he was definitely not in form compared to taylor fights.
              Barker and Macklin aren't all that. Mack had a good fight against a sturm who wasn't too active from my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Ward didn't MAKE Dawson do anything.
                Dawson offered it at 168, catch weight or 175. I wouldn't say he made him do it, because every man has a choice. I assumed you didn't know about that fight. LOL.

Comment

Dawson offered it at 168, catch weight or 175. I wouldn't say he made him do it, because every man has a choice. I assumed you didn't know about that fight. LOL.
                  You assumed wrong, entirely.

Comment

168 is intriguing?

There is a reason why Dibella has already stated they are too big at 168 and come as close to give an example of him losing by saying a good big guy beats a good smaller guy.

Martinez has faced guys who really aren't that good.

Cintron was an OK fighter, who he really beat but at 154, not 147.
                    Paul William's again was a beast at 147, not above.
                    Pavlik was a decent win, al though he was definitely not in form compared to taylor fights.
                    Barker and Macklin aren't all that. Mack had a good fight against a sturm who wasn't too active from my memory.

yes intriguing, as in kessler will outweigh and outpower martinez, which will show us what sergio is made of. to me, that is intriguing a fighter taking on a challenge like that...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      yes intriguing, as in kessler will outweigh and outpower martinez, which will show us what sergio is made of. to me, that is intriguing a fighter taking on a challenge like that...
                      Who will win? 168.

IMO Martinez doesn't get away with the same perforamnce he had VS Macklin.

Kessler isn;t getting knocked out either.

Comment

Working...
                      X