No announcement yet.

IBF Welterweight Challenger Paul Delgado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBF Welterweight Challenger Paul Delgado

I just came across an interesting piece on ww contender Paul Delgado on CNN. Delgado is slated to face Slovenian IBF Champion Jan Zaveck later this month. On paper Delgado looks like a 'soft' opponent for Zaveck, and probably is, but this guy is hardworking and has a positive attitude..

He recently opened up a gym in Atlanta and with this title shot, 2011 is shaping up to be a nice year for him. Anyway, here's a profile of him in this video:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/27...ex.html?hpt=C1

This will be an entertaining fight. Delgado is always well-prepared and gives his best effort.

Comment

No way in hell should he be geting a title shot. Zaveck is a cherry picker

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
        This will be an entertaining fight. Delgado is always well-prepared and gives his best effort.
        He seems like he has a solid work-ethic and comes across as a likeable guy. He's also been in the ring with some good opponents (Malignaggi x 2, Salita, (Demetrius) Hopkins, et al) but usually has been on the losing side. Delgado also lacks power having only 4 KO's on 25 wins...

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
          No way in hell should he be geting a title shot. Zaveck is a cherry picker
          Did the man you love, David Haye, cherry pick Audley Harrison?

Haye turned down a fight with Wladimir Klitschko to fight 39-year-old Audley.

Comment

That is all correct Tunney but admit this is still a **** fight and it appears Zaveck wants nothing to do with real challenges.....or is it a double standard thing with you?

Comment

Guys stop.... my thread...

Comment

Ofcourse he cherry picked Audley.

Look in my sig they are my fav fighters no Haye im afraid.

Get back on topic and stop speaking about Haye you are obsessed.

Comment

Working...
                X