Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only four weight classes have unified champions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Championships or unified,,, it means nothing

Only WLAD has really reigned..

Estrada and Kovolev have beaten no real champs, just a bunch of paper champs

Comment

its because networks and casuals identify with belts so much that fighters and their teams avoid unification fights so the money gets shared around

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Its all good Estrada beat the crap out of the Hawaiian Punching bag and then KO Tyson who was the former title holder.
        still not unifying.

Comment

WBC is a garbage organization.

Comment

Great point. I will say that at least in a week, the IBF and WBA middleweight titles will be together.

But overall, it's a disgrace. If fighters from the old undisputed days could see the mockery it has become, I 'm sure they would be disgusted. Of course, I guess we could email Jake LaMotta and see what his take is on it.

Comment

broner is unified 4 weight champ

Comment

WBA has a bunch of interim titlists.

WBO recently had an interim titlists for Featherweight and I also think Bradley's title against Vargas was interim at first but there's a whole fiasco going on there.

WBC has Diamond Champion Kovalev and Interim Champion Golovkinm, not aware of any other belts

IBF doesn't have any but used an interim to fill in a vacancy for a year+ long injury but Hernandez should be scheduled to reclaim his belt.

Comment

Working...
                X