No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Promotions, ESPN Announce Multi-Year TV Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    Great job Oscar! **** all them punk ass haters who be hating on you and Golden Boy!
    ^^^^^
    Team fishnets representing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      dude, reading the press release then drawing a conclusion isn't valid. You made this up. Please stop doing that. provide a source that supports your claims.
      http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/...xing-champions

That was written by a man who works for ESPN and breaks down the money issue and how PBC all a sudden can't afford to fulfill their network obligations by putting on shows. ESPN is now partnering with a promoter who can get them consistent monthly boxing content. Do you need a source that says water is wet or the sky is blue? PBC spent all last year making delays and excuses for why they couldn't produce boxing cards for ESPN. New year starts and ESPN makes a deal with Golden Boy to ensure they actually have boxing content.

Comment

Agreed. Friday night fights was THE prospect builder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post

That was written by a man who works for ESPN and breaks down the money issue and how PBC all a sudden can't afford to fulfill their network obligations by putting on shows. ESPN is now partnering with a promoter who can get them consistent monthly boxing content. Do you need a source that says water is wet or the sky is blue? PBC spent all last year making delays and excuses for why they couldn't produce boxing cards for ESPN. New year starts and ESPN makes a deal with Golden Boy to ensure they actually have boxing content.
          This is from Sept 2016 and doesn't reach the same conclusion you did.

My point is simple-you reached your own conclusion and are passing it off as fact when there is no source to corroborate your conclusion.

Comment

But the # of cards PBC owed ESPN weren't reduced, the dates were changed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              why did they not renew the series?
              Because PBC paid them not to! FNF was profitable but why produce your own shows when a sucker out there will pay you MILLIONS just for the airtime to lose their own money? PBC bought up tons of airtime on networks that would never air boxing because they came with a briefcase full of cash. If the events lose money PBC is on the hook not the networks. If I own a house and I'm happy with it it's not up for sale but one day some fool comes by and offers me 10X what that house is worth. I'm going to sell it don't mean I don't like the house. I like it but the money is just too good to pass up. I'll go find another house to live in with all that cash. ESPN was happy with FNF, PBC just came with an amazing offer.

Comment

bring back friday night fights!!!!

Comment

Because PBC paid them not to! FNF was profitable but why produce your own shows when a sucker out there will pay you MILLIONS just for the airtime to lose their own money? PBC bought up tons of airtime on networks that would never air boxing because they came with a briefcase full of cash. If the events lose money PBC is on the hook not the networks. If I own a house and I'm happy with it it's not up for sale but one day some fool comes by and offers me 10X what that house is worth. I'm going to sell it don't mean I don't like the house. I like it but the money is just too good to pass up. I'll go find another house to live in with all that cash. ESPN was happy with FNF, PBC just came with an amazing offer.
                  FNF ratings were dropping consistently for like 5 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    But the # of cards PBC owed ESPN weren't reduced, the dates were changed.
                    of course they weren't. Haymon already paid for those cards. ESPN owes him them but since he can't deliver the amount of boxing cards ESPN wants they going to another promoter to meet those needs while Haymon keeps punting and pushing back his remaining dates until the time buy is over. Now Haymon can take as long as he wants or as long as his contract says while ESPN knows they getting consistent fights in the meantime to replace their FNF series.

Comment

Fuk al gaymon for canceling friday night fights. that show was a staple I hope fishnets brings it back.

Comment

Working...
                      X