Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tito Trinidad and Miguel Cotto on Spanish television show (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tito Trinidad and Miguel Cotto on Spanish television show (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYBmACgl8wo

Tito comes out at the 5:00 mark.

I'm going to have to watch this later, can't wait to see it!!

Comment

did not understand a single fuck of a word they are saying. ENGLISH Motherfuckers!

Comment

Excellent interview by Raymond, very funny and original... Cotto looks in good shape, same with Tito. Quality time between two PRican boxing legends. Tito will always be the most beloved but IMHO Cotto is the better PRican fighter of all time (and yes, over Gomez, Benitez, etc). Past fighters get put on a pedestal for some reason but when you sit down and watch their fights, you notice that the talent gap isn't really existent as as some make it ought to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          Excellent interview by Raymond, very funny and original... Cotto looks in good shape, same with Tito. Quality time between two PRican boxing legends. Tito will always be the most beloved but IMHO Cotto is the better PRican fighter of all time (and yes, over Gomez, Benitez, etc). Past fighters get put on a pedestal for some reason but when you sit down and watch their fights, you notice that the talent gap isn't really existent as as some make it ought to be.
          Funny, I was just thinking about that this morning. I don't think you can put Cotto ahead of Trinidad. I know Cotto really started out one division below Tito and won a MW title but I don't think he would've dared faced the Bernard Hopkins Trinidad faced. And I'd favor the version of Joppy that Trinidad KO'ed over the version of Martinez that Cotto fought. Trinidad has bigger wins and not anywhere near the amount of losses -- never came close to being KO'ed by anyone other than Hopkins. I think you have to lean toward Tito at the moment.

Comment

Good stuff. What a difference in personalities! Tito was having fun with the next Puertorican Heavyweight champion(sarcasm alert).

Titooooo, charlatán!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                How were you able to post the video?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Funny, I was just thinking about that this morning. I don't think you can put Cotto ahead of Trinidad. I know Cotto really started out one division below Tito and won a MW title but I don't think he would've dared faced the Bernard Hopkins Trinidad faced. And I'd favor the version of Joppy that Trinidad KO'ed over the version of Martinez that Cotto fought. Trinidad has bigger wins and not anywhere near the amount of losses -- never came close to being KO'ed by anyone other than Hopkins. I think you have to lean toward Tito at the moment.
                  The best Puertorrican Boxer is Gomez, when you combine his amateur and pro records is a no brainer. He won several amateur tournaments including a gold medal in the 1974 world championship in Cuba, in which he won all fights by KO including beating the world champ which was a Cuban in Cuba. The you had his 17 straight KO title defenses and 3 division titles and is a no brainer.

Cotto, Ivan Calderon and Tito are about the same level in terms of greatness, tito being the more epic because of his charisma

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
                    The best Puertorrican Boxer is Gomez, when you combine his amateur and pro records is a no brainer. He won several amateur tournaments including a gold medal in the 1974 world championship in Cuba, in which he won all fights by KO including beating the world champ which was a Cuban in Cuba. The you had his 17 straight KO title defenses and 3 division titles and is a no brainer.

Cotto, Ivan Calderon and Tito are about the same level in terms of greatness, tito being the more epic because of his charisma
                    I wouldn't put Calderon in Tito's category and I won't argue with Gomez over Trinidad. I was comparing Tito and Cotto -- I rank Tito higher. I struggle putting Gomez over Tito (as professionals) but that may be personal bias. I think Pintor was slowing by the time Gomez got to him and while the win over LaPorte was very impressive at that stage of his career, he was obliterated by Nelson.

Comment

Working...
                    X