Brook already turned down bradley and a 7 figure payment from hbo
      No he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        No he didn't.
        ESPN
        Sign In
        SCORES

Kell Brook turned down a title shot with Timothy Bradley Jr. in favor of an eliminator close to home. Scott Heavey/Getty Images
        Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer
        When Top Rank's Bob Arum sat with some boxing writers in Las Vegas two weeks ago during the Sergio Martinez-Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. promotion, one of things he talked about was the list of potential opponents for welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. for his Dec. 15 HBO date.

One of the names on his list was British contender Kell Brook.

Brook and promoter Eddie Hearn turned it down. Brook already has an Oct. 20 fight in his hometown of Sheffield, England scheduled against Hector Saldivia -- a fight Brook is a heavy favorite in.

Brook-Saldivia is a title eliminator that will give the winner a mandatory shot at titlist Randall Bailey (or Devon Alexander, should Alexander defeat Bailey on Oct. 20 on Showtime).

But why not take a title shot against Bradley rather than fight an eliminator first?

"The Bradley fight was put in front of me, but I believe the mandatory position in the IBF is the right move," Brook said. "Eddie [Hearn] has worked hard to get me into this position and providing I beat Saldivia, I'll be fighting for a world title at the start of 2013, and it will be on my terms. I would love that to be in Sheffield, too, and I know Eddie would do his best to get it here as it would be an amazing event."

Said Hearn, "Top Rank contacted me in August and made us an offer for the Bradley fight. It was a nice ego boost for Kell to be offered a fight of such magnitude, but we begun this journey with a goal of becoming a mandatory challenger and now we are just one win away.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          ESPN
          Sign In
          SCORES

Kell Brook turned down a title shot with Timothy Bradley Jr. in favor of an eliminator close to home. Scott Heavey/Getty Images
          Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer
          When Top Rank's Bob Arum sat with some boxing writers in Las Vegas two weeks ago during the Sergio Martinez-Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. promotion, one of things he talked about was the list of potential opponents for welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. for his Dec. 15 HBO date.

One of the names on his list was British contender Kell Brook.

Brook and promoter Eddie Hearn turned it down. Brook already has an Oct. 20 fight in his hometown of Sheffield, England scheduled against Hector Saldivia -- a fight Brook is a heavy favorite in.

Brook-Saldivia is a title eliminator that will give the winner a mandatory shot at titlist Randall Bailey (or Devon Alexander, should Alexander defeat Bailey on Oct. 20 on Showtime).

But why not take a title shot against Bradley rather than fight an eliminator first?

"The Bradley fight was put in front of me, but I believe the mandatory position in the IBF is the right move," Brook said. "Eddie [Hearn] has worked hard to get me into this position and providing I beat Saldivia, I'll be fighting for a world title at the start of 2013, and it will be on my terms. I would love that to be in Sheffield, too, and I know Eddie would do his best to get it here as it would be an amazing event."

Said Hearn, "Top Rank contacted me in August and made us an offer for the Bradley fight. It was a nice ego boost for Kell to be offered a fight of such magnitude, but we begun this journey with a goal of becoming a mandatory challenger and now we are just one win away.
          Where did you get "7 figures from"?

Brook turned down the Bradley fight in 2013 because he already had a mandatory shot at the winner of Bailey-Alexander.

Bradley's offer was nowhere near 7 figures, you've completely made that up. Plus Top Rank wanted options on Brook's future fights.

When you challenge for the title as the mandatory, you don't have to sign options.

Comment

Where did you get "7 figures from"?

Brook turned down the Bradley fight in 2013 because he already had a mandatory shot at the winner of Bailey-Alexander.

Bradley's offer was nowhere near 7 figures, you've completely made that up. Plus Top Rank wanted options on Brook's future fights.

When you challenge for the title as the mandatory, you don't have to sign options.
            I just felt like he took the easy route to the title and to be honest i think brook beats bradley easy . I don't blame him cash rules. I didn't know about the options but that sounds something that sneaky arum would do

Comment

If Brook beats Bradley (which i don't believe he will), he will earn my respect.

Comment

I just felt like he took the easy route to the title and to be honest i think brook beats bradley easy . I don't blame him cash rules. I didn't know about the options but that sounds something that sneaky arum would do
                You didn't answer the question about 7 figures because you know you blatantly made it up.

It's not sneaky really. Brook would have been a voluntary so it's pretty standard for the champ's promoter to ask for options.

But why would Brook sign a fight against Bradley for poor money with options when he already had a guaranteed shot at the IBF title with no options?

Comment

You didn't answer the question about 7 figures because you know you blatantly made it up.

It's not sneaky really. Brook would have been a voluntary so it's pretty standard for the champ's promoter to ask for options.

But why would Brook sign a fight against Bradley for poor money with options when he already had a guaranteed shot at the IBF title with no options?
                  Someone on steve kim twitter wrote that brook was offered a million. To fight on hbo

Comment

Someone on steve kim twitter wrote that brook was offered a million. To fight on hbo
                    Proof or it never happened. Why would they offer Brook a million? He was completely unknown at the time in America. Vargas was more known in America and he only got 600k to fight Bradley.

Complete lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
                      bradley seems determined to piss away his career and fight the likes of jesse vargas and chaves calibre opponents. i think he is just happy with the guaranteed purse at this point of his career
                      He has to fight who his promoter can match him up with. Chaves had one defeat against Thurman and Vargas was undefeated. Not the best opponents but not not "bums" at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X