No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios vs Mike Alvarado II & Undercards RbR and Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    It's one thing when a pure boxer like Abril makes you look bad, but Alvarado took it a step further and had him hurt bad. That 21lb rehydration really came in handy tonight. I've seen Rios stunned in one other fight (Acosta), and Alvarado visibly stunned him several times.
    Rios's lack of defensive awareness is so blatant that he kept getting caught with the same punch over and over. He relies heavily on his ability to absorb punishment, but shit will hit the fan sooner or later.
    That's what Im saying.

I know it's IMPOSSIBLE for Rios to switch his style and adjust but he's so damn bad that he couldn't even take away Alvarado's looping right hand, jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
      That's what Im saying.

I know it's IMPOSSIBLE for Rios to switch his style and adjust but he's so damn bad that he couldn't even take away Alvarado's looping right hand, jesus.
      Rios showed tonight that he's a KO waiting to happen. He's there to be hit, ALWAYS, and he's easy to read. What's funny is, Rios and Khan have similar flaws, but since Rios has a reliable chin, he doesn't get criticized or joked on as much as Khan does.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360
        Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

That's what Im saying.

Rios showed tonight that he's a KO waiting to happen. He's there to be hit, ALWAYS. What's funny is, Rios and Khan have similar flaws, but since Rios has a reliable chin, he doesn't get criticized much.
        His chin will crack soon and I think tonight was the beginning of the end. Like I said, he'll be lucky to see 30 and still be fighting.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          i hit the mute button. it's hard to see rios embarrass himself like that. alvarado deserved a moment and rios tried to spoil it.
          Seriously christ sakes Rios was annoying in the post fight. Sounded like a damned idiot. Give the man his moment and asked for the rematch during your own damned interview. sore loser

Comment

• Great fight though, had Mike up 8-4. Whats up with those close cards though god....

Comment

• Great win for Alvarado!!

He proved me wrong and made all boxing fans happy and right!

I cannot wait for part 3!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Man Alvarado's boxing in the beginning was a joke. I was sure he was gonna get stopped "boxing" like that. He adjusted very well. He did some inside fighting and moved out.

Alvarado made me proud tonight. Good **** man.

Comment

Man Alvarado's boxing in the beginning was a joke. I was sure he was gonna get stopped "boxing" like that. He adjusted very well. He did some inside fighting and moved out.

And Rios couldn't adjust to the adjustment. After Alvarado built momentum in rounds 3-4, he established a rhythm that Rios couldn't break because he doesn't have the skill-set or athleticism to do so. Will and determination alone doesn't win fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

Man Alvarado's boxing in the beginning was a joke. I was sure he was gonna get stopped "boxing" like that. He adjusted very well. He did some inside fighting and moved out.

And Rios couldn't adjust to the adjustment. After Alvarado built momentum in rounds 3-4, he established a rhythm that Rios couldn't break because he doesn't have the skill-set or athleticism to do so. Will and determination alone doesn't win fights.
                    Not at all. But it has for him so far for however many fights he had up to the Abril fight. I've always said a durable boxer would beat Rios and Alvarado proved my point. I say Alvarado and not Abril cause people will use the weight excuse for the Abril performance.

Comment

Not at all. But it has for him so far for however many fights he had up to the Abril fight. I've always said a durable boxer would beat Rios and Alvarado proved my point. I say Alvarado and not Abril cause people will use the weight excuse for the Abril performance.

Hell, the weight excuse could still be used for this fight too. Rios needs to move his fat ass up to WW.

Comment

Working...
                      X