No announcement yet.

Most Intimating Heavyweight Ever???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Intimating Heavyweight Ever???

simple who in your mind was the most intimating heavyweight ever and why?

I would say Sonny Liston easy. Before Liston fought ali not many people even wanted a shot at liston. Liston was known for his art of the staredown during the refs instructions before the fight. Many people who have fought him have said that they have never been more scared in their lives during that moment, even ali said something simmilar to this. not to mention he was arguably the hardest hitter ever....

Of course it was Liston. I'd lose 10lbs just getting stared at by him.

Comment

Its got to be foreman, liston or tyson

Comment

I'd go with Foreman over Liston, especially after the Frazier fight.

Tyson won fights on intimidation alone. Lennox Lewis said that when they trained together as amateurs that at the time he hoped he never had to fight this guy, because he's like an animal.

Joe Louis at the height of his powers was also a force of nature, no one looked forward to facing him.

Comment

I'd go with Foreman, Liston, Tyson and Dempsey

Comment

It had to be Liston considering his real life mob enforcer status. Tyson's aggressiveness was really what put him on the map too. He didn't get in there and pump the jab for 3 rounds, he literally went in there to take someone's head off right F'ing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
              I'd go with Foreman over Liston, especially after the Frazier fight.

Tyson won fights on intimidation alone. Lennox Lewis said that when they trained together as amateurs that at the time he hoped he never had to fight this guy, because he's like an animal.

Joe Louis at the height of his powers was also a force of nature, no one looked forward to facing him.
              i dont remember where but iv read that young foreman use to spar with liston and liston use to murder him. forman said he was scared of him. agin i dont remember where i read this.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyward5656 View Post
                i dont remember where but iv read that young foreman use to spar with liston and liston use to murder him. forman said he was scared of him. agin i dont remember where i read this.
                Yeah i hear that to, i remember reading an article about Henry Cooper and his manager said if we saw Sonny Liston walking down the road we would cross to the other side he would never let Cooper near him, You have to admire Patterson in a way he got knocked out twice badly and wanted to pay his way in to a third fight lol.

Comment

Tyson 4 sho.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyward5656 View Post
                    Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
                    Yeah i hear that to, i remember reading an article about Henry Cooper and his manager said if we saw Sonny Liston walking down the road we would cross to the other side he would never let Cooper near him, You have to admire Patterson in a way he got knocked out twice badly and wanted to pay his way in to a third fight lol.
                    Foreman was only 19 when he sparred with Liston (far as I know) yet its said he still couldn't back Sonny up. You need only look at my signature to find out how highly Liston thought of George though.

As far as the original question...Liston. The man never "acted" hard a day in his life. He just was.

Comment

Working...
                    X