No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Moves On From Povetkin, Plans Midsummer Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    He has already beat 5 of the top 15. Chisora, jennings & takam are coming off losses. Chagaev is busy with oquendo, haye will only fight him in england where the money would be way bigger, parker has joshua next so that leaves pulev, washington & andy ruiz. Stiverne is next in line but it's not a mandatory or they will fight. I suspect it will be washington or ruiz. Pulev is most deserving but he is an unknown outside hardcores & he ain't american & that will make the difference... My call is Ruiz or Washington
    Gerald Washington is horrible. He's a big athletic guy that has average boxing skills, if that, and is afraid to let his hands go and has an overly cautious style. He had some good moments against Chambers but he was too cautious and gave the much smaller opponent too much respect. If he faces Wilder, he'll get blown out quickly.

I like Ruiz as a opponent. Ruiz has got decent boxing skills and has finally seemed to get serious about his conditioning and training. Also, Ruiz stated that he'd have no problem facing Ortiz if he has a full training camp. If he's willing to fight King Kong then I think he would also have no problem facing Wilder.

Comment

In no way shape or form should Wilder after scheduled to fight Povetkin should fight Washinton,Ruiz or any other unproven HW who didn't fight other top HW's. If wilder is serious about this sport and wants to show some grit ....Pulev or Jennings should be the choices ,going for an undefeated fighter in this instance is uncalled for and it will show hews circle jerking his career.Wilder has already defended again duhaps and Spzilka...time to step up...AJ at least is going into uncharted waters with Breazeale in his first defence 17th fight.Wilder has stalled for 2 extra years imop.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-22-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I came in here expecting some dumb ***** like "Wilder never wanted it to begin with."

Comment

Make the Joshua fight happen

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Gerald Washington is horrible. He's a big athletic guy that has average boxing skills, if that, and is afraid to let his hands go and has an overly cautious style. He had some good moments against Chambers but he was too cautious and gave the much smaller opponent too much respect. If he faces Wilder, he'll get blown out quickly.

I like Ruiz as a opponent. Ruiz has got decent boxing skills and has finally seemed to get serious about his conditioning and training. Also, Ruiz stated that he'd have no problem facing Ortiz if he has a full training camp. If he's willing to fight King Kong then I think he would also have no problem facing Wilder.
            Ruiz is to short for Wilder & his style. I think Ortiz vs Ruiz makes a better clash.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              I came in here expecting some dumb ***** like "Wilder never wanted it to begin with."
              What kind of douchebag would support a CHEAT???

Still wondering why Potcheatvkin won't get that B Sample tested??? A sample only tells the parties you failed. B Sample logs it as an official cheat...

Comment

Wilder and his team found a way out of the fight where he was going to lose. Gotta save their future cash cow

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  What kind of douchebag would support a CHEAT???

Still wondering why Potcheatvkin won't get that B Sample tested??? A sample only tells the parties you failed. B Sample logs it as an official cheat...
                  There are plenty. Did you not see the first thread when it was reported that he popped? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Povetkin fans says Wilder injected the drugs in him while he was sleeping....
                    No Haymon put it in his cereal.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                      Wilder and his team found a way out of the fight where he was going to lose.
                      Cmon man. You can't go all conspiracy theory on some **** this guy admitted to using. Did Haymon plant someone to have Povetkin take this back in September to get him hooked? lol. Then they gave his VADA sample a mickey to come back positive? Whats the logic here?

Wilder was in his last week of training camp in England & ready to fly to Russia for this fight. If he wasn't intending to fight Povetkin he was doing a hell of an act faking it. I saw it as a 50/50 fight so maybe he loses, maybe he wins, but for sure if Povetkin doesn't come up dirty the fight woulda happened. Povetkin is the one who risked & ultimately killed this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X