Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people saying DSG is ducking 147 fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
    Because we are talking about a man who fought Rod Salka. People have every right not to expect much from him.
    angel himself said a couple of days ago, why fighting a top opponent when you can fight a salka type of guy.

Comment

I don't know how he is ducking anybody at 147 yet when he just got to the division and he just became Champion but hey that is how boxing is today. If you don't do what the fans want right away, "You're Ducking!"

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I don't know how he is ducking anybody at 147 yet when he just got to the division and he just became Champion but hey that is how boxing is today. If you don't do what the fans want right away, "You're Ducking!"
        vacant titles doe

Comment

The intelligent thing for Garcia to do is get accustomed to fighting at 147. There shouldn't be any issues with him taking one or two fights to get settled in the division. Many fighters make the mistake of rising in weight and taking on a fight they are not ready for.

The next logical step for him would be Khan.

Comment

That's actually a good question. Angel isn't helping matters when he questions why Porter and Thurman are fighting when they can fight a "Salka"

Comment

They're saying it because people are haters and say what ever goes against the guy they hate.
              Most have no objectivity.
              Garcia is a very good fighter, and one of the top guys at 140 and 147, but rather than people appreciating him for what he is, they complain for what he's not.

Comment

Because he's fought a lot above 140 and he doesn't get excused as becoming accustomed to the weight. Paulie and Robert Guerrero for a world title is ****ing lame.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Because he's fought a lot above 140 and he doesn't get excused as becoming accustomed to the weight. Paulie and Robert Guerrero for a world title is ****ing lame.
                  I dont think the Guerrero fight should have been for a world title, but you have to blame WBC for that. Not Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    I would say im a DSG fan but that Herrera fight and RRod Salka fight really hurt his career. Hes been in protective custody ever since.
                    I would say I'm not a DSG fan.

That said, I heartily agree with you.

Comment

People hate Danny. It's just the way it is. They complain about Salka, but the truth is its better to fight Salka than it is to stay inactive. Herrera and Peterson are good fighters, so I don't see a trend of him never facing goof opposition. Truth be told he would've been criticized for facing Postol before Postol proved his class against Matthysse.

Comment

Working...
                      X