Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post
      Question: Have you seen McCartney's documentary on Holly? Recently watched it myself.

I haven't seen Gary Busey's portrayal of Holly and I've read the film is rife with historical inaccuracies. What's your take on the film?
      I saw a ton of Arena episodes BITD, but I've still never seen that Holly one somehow. I really should, is it up on youtube or downloadable anywhere that you know of?

LOL, the biopic is utter cr*p. Every possible detail and story, WRONG. But it's worth a view for entertainment value, all the RNR biopics made in the 70's and 80's are,

Currently,

Comment

• The Real Buddy Holly Story

- Rare archive footage of Holly performing Peggy Sue on the Ed Sulivan Show.
        - Also, a quick chat with Sullivan after the performance.
        - Interviews with family, former band members, Petty's widow
        - Commentary from McCartney, Keith Richards etc

I liked Keith's comments towards the end of the documentary in relation to Holly's impact on Rock musicians.

It also answered to some extent why Norman Petty's name is billed on many of Holly's records as a co-writer to many of his songs. I highly doubt Petty actually contributed to the writing on his lyrics, melodies etc.

Comment

• The chick who sung this gal-groop minor-gem is (hilariously) in the comments,

Comment

• The wonderkid from Lubbock, Texas.

I've heard cover versions of this song by plenty artists including Springsteen, Lennon, McCartney, The Stones etc etc

The melody reminds me of a Bo Diddley song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post
              The Real Buddy Holly Story

- Rare archive footage of Holly performing Peggy Sue on the Ed Sulivan Show.
              - Also, a quick chat with Sullivan after the performance.
              - Interviews with family, former band members, Petty's widow
              - Commentary from McCartney, Keith Richards etc

I liked Keith's comments towards the end of the documentary in relation to Holly's impact on Rock musicians.

It also answered to some extent why Norman Petty's name is billed on many of Holly's records as a co-writer to many of his songs. I highly doubt Petty actually contributed to the writing on his lyrics, melodies etc.
              Sweet, braaaaaav. Gonna watch a few parts of this now and the rest later. TY.

BTW, totally just randomly off the top of my head but in a way related; you ever seen Christine?

Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
                The chick who sung this gal-groop minor-gem is (hilariously) in the comments,

Hi. I just want to thank you for posting this and a few others I've found. Candy was my Aunt, and did recently pass. She is missed by many. My mother is Stephanie. I finally got a copy of the album via CD format from one of my cousins, with the album cover on it. They made it to the top 20. I firmly believe they had talent, and are still talented. They would have gone very far, had they stuck it out! I belive keeping the "gig" together was difficult (way before my time). Regardless, Thank you.

gitammy 2 months ago

Referring to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
                  Sweet, braaaaaav. Gonna watch a few parts of this now and the rest later. TY.

BTW, totally just randomly off the top of my head but in a way related; you ever seen Christine?
                  No.

Are you referring to the 1983 film?

I just read the synopsis and I like the plot. I'll give it a buzz.

Comment

• BTW, MACAQUE, LMAO at Bobby's 1983 studio album. I'll give it a zero star rating for pure faggotry.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X