No announcement yet.

ggg destroys ishida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
    shaking my head at the ones who are saying he looked vulnerable at points and it wont cut against the likes of chavez.

after that, i'd put good money down on GGG against chavez or just about anyone...
    Just sayin' he got caught with a couple of big shots. Chavez will have more power behind them which will test GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
      "The Polish guy" is TOP 10 MW
      Maybe by a single sanctioning body but not overall. With the different sanctioning bodies you can be #40 overall but #10 in the wbo. There are easily 10 better middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        ridiculous KO, but again GGG managed to look vulnerable, Ischida got through with big shots on a couple of occasions, that isn't going to cut it against the likes of Chavez etc.
        Vulnerable because he got hit once or twice? And you got Hatton the get-hit man in your avatar...

Comment

What's Ishida's claim to fame? Beating James Kirkland.... 'grats for GGG doing what needed to be done however his victory hardly puts him into the upper echelon of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Vulnerable because he got hit once or twice? And you got Hatton the get-hit man in your avatar...
            Which part of "again", did you miss? Rosado also got through a lot, Ischida got through with a couple of big shots landing flush.

He's vulnerable because he stands in front of his opponent and doesn't move his head. These are natural 154lb opponents, the step up in power of a Martinez or Chavez could prove problematic.

I like Golovkin, I hope he has the chin to stand up to that kind of power.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 03-30-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Which part of "again", did you miss? Rosado also got through a lot, Ischida got through with a couple of big shots landing flush.

He's vulnerable because he stands in front of his opponent and doesn't move his head. These are natural 154lb opponents, the step up in power of a Martinez or Chavez could prove problematic.

I like Golovkin, I hope he has the chin to stand up to that kind of power.
              He showed improvements in his defense. Yes he's hittable but he's a come forward fighter, you gotta keep things in perspective. It's not like he's supposed to be the next Pernell Whitaker. I just find it ironic that a Hatton fan would criticize another fighter for getting hit a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
                He is good, but I think I saw a cold sore in Ishida's mouth which might indicate he wasn't as strong as he should have been.

GGG is a humble likable guy, but I think Martinez and Chavez jr. beat him simply because both of these fighters will be able to take his punch and punch him back. Has GGG's chin been tested round after round like martinez's and jr's? We shall wait and see.

I see where you're coming from. Golovkin has never been hit flush on the chin by a guy like Martinez

But I can just say that Martinez got dropped by Williams and Chavez and if GGG hits him clean he knocks him down too except Sergio won't get up because Golovkin arguably hits harder then both.

The only way to find out is to just make it happen. We'll see. GGG beats both IMO. Make it happen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
                  He is good, but I think I saw a cold sore in Ishida's mouth which might indicate he wasn't as strong as he should have been.
                  U have no idea about the japanese spirit, maan

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                    All 154 pounders should stay away from GGG lol When he beats a note worthy true middleweight let me know and dont tell me about the Polish guy, he sucked.
                    Damn.... GGG beat him so bad that he sucks now

Comment

Lol

Chavez jr vs GGG is Margarito vs Shane all over

Sergio vs GGG is Lee vs Chavez jr all over again Tyson style

People don't realize how hard it will be for a late 30's man to
                      Come back from a knee injury (ask NFL vets) not easy

GGG is the future at 160. if I were him and the guys at 160 duck,yet he will fight any of them for marbles ,go to 154 and challenge trout vs Canelo winner and call out Floyd and cotto . Watch them retire fast

Comment

Working...
                      X