• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accusations of Pacquiao's Steroid Usage are Just Plain Idiotic

Accusations of Pacquiao's Steroid Usage are Just Plain Idiotic
    by John Chavez
    Sep 16, 2009 -
    Boxing is officially and unofficially filled with idiots. It's filled with idiots to the brim of brims.

It's recently come to my attention that several "geniuses" within the Mayweather camp have accused Manny Pacquiao of potentially utilizing performance enhancing substances in order to attain his effectiveness within the higher weight classes. It's one of the most absurd and baseless statements I've seen thrown awhile in quite some time being that Manny is one of the hardest workers in boxing whose body has simply matured over the years.

Back in 2006, in the moments leading up to his super featherweight trilogy bout with Erik Morales, Manny Pacquiao stepped on the unofficial HBO scale weighing in at a fit and heavy 144 pounds. It was an extremely clear sign that the "Pacman" was no longer the skinny "atom-weight" fighter we remembered at the start of his career. Just from simple observations, it's quite evident that anyone who gains more than ten percent of their bodyweight overnight leading to a prizefight probably walks around at a slightly higher weight in the "off-season".

This is quite accurate when it comes to the Filipino bomber being that he's been documented to enter training around the 150 pound weight range. The biggest standout feature in Manny Pacquiao's physical traits is his massive, tree trunk-like lower body attributes.

With a thigh measurement of 20", calf measurement of 15", and an ankle thickness of 11", there is no suprise to his ability to maintain his sharp footwork even in the higher weight classes. Unlike so many fighters out there that focus on enlarging their upper bodies with unnecessary weight training regimens, it's apparent to these eyes that Pacquiao has simply let his body fall wherever it should be naturally.

I remember thinking that if Pacquiao weighed in at 144 pounds on fight night versus Erik "El Terrible" Morales, I'd expect him to effectively carry himself somewhere around the 150 pound area should he focus on simply staying hydrated and allow his body weight to fall where it may. This is exactly what happened in his fight with Oscar De la Hoya as Team Pacquiao prepared their former "little" warrior by allowing him to eat as much as he wanted while training hard and diligently without having to struggle to make "dry out" to make weight.

It's a simple formula that any slightly educated and intuitive person could figure out.

Being that boxing is filled with nothing of the sort, I wouldn't quite expect anything different than these stupid and baseless accusations.

For those that would retort by stating that Pacquiao used steroids in order to build his strong base... you cannot build that type of thickness in one's ankles and calves by using roids. It's a trait that Manny has had for quite sometime... all you had to do was look!

I shake my head in disbelief in how stupid those within boxing can be at times...

i totally agree:

ALLLL NATURAL LMFAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goblin View Post
      i totally agree:

ALLLL NATURAL LMFAO!!!
      If he was on steroids he would never be able to make weight...

Sr. clearly doesnt know how steroids work, if manny used steroids he would gain 15-20 pounds of muscle and then he would have to drain like crazy to make weight.

It just doesnt make sense, and wouldnt be smart and would hurt pac much more then it would help

Comment

i totally agree:

ALLLL NATURAL LMFAO!!!
        He looks all natural to me.
        You should to the provinces in the Philippines.
        Men are built like that.(no ****)

Comment

How many fighters that roach has trained did steroids? please name em.

Comment

How many fighters that roach has trained did steroids? please name em.
            DLH for one.....

Comment

Toney did steriods... not sure about the other names though. Also, taking steriods and trying to make weight is just a joke. Floyd Snr is an idiot.

Comment

alright guys then how come since the first morales fight manny only weighed LESS THAN 140 just once come fight night for a feather weight fight?
                the guy seems to go up in weight classes pretty damn fast..

Comment

alright guys then how come since the first morales fight manny only weighed LESS THAN 140 just once come fight night for a feather weight fight?
                  hey ******, its the same reason dlh, duran, jcc and a lot of others moved up.

Comment

how come you can't comprehend that these guys are paying big money to people to monitor their conditioning and weight? is it really that impossible in folklore land?

Comment

Working...
                    X