Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Golovkin deal nearly reached. To fight September 2017!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Golovkin deal nearly reached. To fight September 2017!

-Canelo to pay Golovkin $7 Million, in return for allowing Canelo to take 2/3 more fights in order to build himself up to 160lbs.

-The fight must take place by October 2017 (So Mid September 2017 most likely when the bout will take place.

-The fight will take place at the T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas or Cowboys Stadium Texas.

-The fight will be subject to 65/35 split in Canelo's favour, with an upside cap of $2 Million on the PPV Sales for Golovkin.

Sadly, 0 chance of Canelo v Golvkin happening this year. Looks like Team GGG have accepted some step aside money, and will allow the fight to marinate!

It's okay, the important thing is that Canelo won't be able to run forever.

Comment

I knew it was too good to be true...

Over a year from now? Forget it.........why is it even talked about? This is very anticlimactic.

This fight needs to happen now.

Comment

Just take my word for it.

Comment

Thread fail #27752462527

Comment

Source or take a piss.

Hypothetically I'm fine with all that, but Alvarez should be made a Silver Champ and Golovkin full champ. Let Alvarez fight some so-so MW's like Tureano, Heiland, Murata, and Chudinov.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxtime View Post
              -Canelo to pay Golovkin $7 Million, in return for allowing Canelo to take 2/3 more fights in order to build himself up to 160lbs.

-The fight must take place by October 2017 (So Mid September 2017 most likely when the bout will take place.

-The fight will take place at the T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas or Cowboys Stadium Texas.

-The fight will be subject to 65/35 split in Canelo's favour, with an upside cap of $2 Million on the PPV Sales for Golovkin.

Sadly, 0 chance of Canelo v Golvkin happening this year. Looks like Team GGG have accepted some step aside money, and will allow the fight to marinate!
              Oh God, a whole year out for a fight that should take place right now. Boxing does it again.

Comment

A+ trolling, Trolling Rookie of the Year right here folks

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Hypothetically I'm fine with all that, but Alvarez should be made a Silver Champ and Golovkin full champ. Let Alvarez fight some so-so MW's like Tureano, Heiland, Murata, and Chudinov.
                  I hope you're trolling too.

Comment

Simple soloution always was to drop the title if canelo doesnt feel big enough to challenge at 160. Wbc shouldnt allow Canelo to pay off GGG and then keep the title as well. Bull**** though, canelo giving it the big talk after khan fight but flaps it when it comes to actually making the fight and payin $7million not to fight someone... Sounds like he **** scared

Comment

Working...
                    X