Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one noticed how Lampley put Merchant in his place several times for hating on SM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one noticed how Lampley put Merchant in his place several times for hating on SM?

While Merchant was hating on Martinez, Lampley would answer back in defense of Martinez, and Merchant would basically sound like he got owned and calmed down.

For example, in the 3rd round Merchant's "Uncertainty in Martinez's face" comment, Lampley answered back with "Well I see an uncertainty in both fighters faces, I don't see Macklin in any sort of command either".

Then Merchant says "Martinez is the champion, the 10-1 favorite, 3 KO's in a row, he called this fight a KO" *Lampley interrupts* "But does that mean that it would have supposed to come by now?".

Merchant: No, no it doesn't. Even he didn't say 3 rounds. Then Lampley mentions the Barker fight and how Martinez looked lousy at first but then still got the KO.

And Merchant ends it with "Point well taken".

Lampley: GOAT commentator, and underrated boxing intelligence. And this was not the first time he put Merchant in his place, just the most recent.

Merchant was awful last night, especially bad in the Rodriguez vs Donovan fight. I was watching and thinking..."what the eff is this guy talking about?

Many of his "anecdotes" went absolutely nowhere and he was droning on like he was drunk or off his rocker (or both).

Comment

Lampley loves Sergio though

Comment

Lampley is just an emotional fanboy of certain fighters like most of the people on this site.

Comment

INB4 Merchant's defense lawyers comes in.

Comment

I like Lampley. He's the only one that has the balls to put Merchant in his place.

Stewart, normally makes a comment, Merchant then disagree's with him, then Stewart just says "you're right".

I'm like, "Are you scared of him Manny; speak up!".

Comment

Merchant: He's the middleweight champion of the world, why does he throw one punch at a time. Where are the combinations. Roy Jones use to throw 8 punch combinations.

Lampley: We're not watching Roy Jones.

Merchant got owned all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Lampley is just an emotional fanboy of certain fighters like most of the people on this site.
                You need to try weed, get you off your negativity. Or try getting laid....

Comment

I'm glad somebody is putting Merchant in his place. Hopes he keeps it up though

Comment

Macklin is a very good fighter though. He beat Sturm and now he made a very good account of himself, although falling short, against Sergio Martinez. I bet you this guy gives a hell of a fight to Pirog, Chavez Jr, Golovkin just like he gave to Martinez and Sturm.

Comment

Working...
                    X