Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Manny Pacquiao the most technical brawler in the history of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManniePhresh View Post
    i think that he technically better than is excepted. when he gets pressed he double jabs and left straights but thats when he is countered and pressed consistantly. he hasnt fought an exceptional counter puncher since marquez thats why i want to see him fight mayweather so bad because i honestly think he will get to frustrated but he could shock us.
    I agree. He didnt look spectacular when fighting against a counter puncher. He hasn't faced a pure boxer to date so youre right. Duran who I also consider a technical brawler has beaten a pure boxer in SRL.

Comment

Originally posted by MCVAGINA View Post
      I dont think he is that technical. Look at the Marquez fights

He was extremely lucky to get those wins and got countered at will, Even Cotto who is more of a brawler than a boxer caught Pacquiao alot coming in.
      Cotto isnt a brawler. He is more like a textbook puncher/boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanYHU View Post
        I rate julio cesar chavez and erik morales above pacquiao, now thats what I call a brawler.
        Chavez is overrated, resume wise and skills wise. Manny's skills and resume >>>>>>>>>> Chavez's skills and resume. Morales was a better technical fighter when the 2 fought but now Manny has surpassed Erik ability wise.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          No. He is far better than given credit for but he is definitely not the most technical.
          lol Manny gets all the praises in the world. I remember the first knockdown against Ricky (right hook, roll under) people were flabbergasted by that knock down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
            Define what a brawler is in your opinion wazaa.
            Someone who is offensive minded, always coming forward, high workrate and puts alot of pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              I can't think of any other brawler that is as technical sound as Manny.
              PED's make you look better than you really are.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                Someone who is offensive minded, always coming forward, high workrate and puts alot of pressure.
                So by your definition Amir Khan is a brawler?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
                  So by your definition Amir Khan is a brawler?
                  Amir is a natural boxer. With Harrison he adapted the 'brawler' style but now with Roach he is becoming an offensive minded boxer that can also fight on the backfoot.

Comment

You kidding? Pacquiao overshoots punches at times and ends up with his left foot catching up with his right when he shoots it, plus he gets hit and does not parry hardly anything.

Pacquiao's athleticism is why he is able to get away with a lot of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

Pacquiao's athleticism is why he is able to get away with a lot of that.
                      Pacs upper body and foot movement using his stamina is incredible it gives him the ability to attack laterally n different angles, this is his technical ability...so yeah u cud say he is one of the best technical brawlers..

Comment

Working...
                      X