No announcement yet.

Massa hits out against crash-gate robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Massa hits out against crash-gate robbery

Felipe Massa has got his 2010 pairing at Ferrari with Fernando Alonso off to an awkward start, asserting that the Spaniard's controversial win in Singapore last year "robbed" him of the world championship.

The Brazilian, who is recuperating from serious head injuries and set to return as Alonso's team-mate next season, suggested that the 28-year-old should have been disqualified as the winner of F1's first night race over the 'crash-gate' affair.

"All of what happened was robbery - but regarding the race nothing has happened, the result remains the same. This is not right," Massa told Brazilian Globo television.

"The robbery changed the outcome of a championship and I lost," he added, referring to Ferrari's botched pitstop that was triggered by the safety car period to clear Nelson Piquet's deliberately crashed Renault.

Massa said he cannot understand why F1's results are set in stone just weeks after the end of each championship, even when serious race-fixing later comes to light.

"I have seen in football how a referee took money to throw a game and all the suspect results were annulled," he charged.

"In Italy, Juventus were relegated. But here they just sent Briatore home. I don't get it and I don't think it was right."

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...02045940.shtml

What do you guys think about his statements?

Lewis Hamilton on Friday said he was surprised that Felipe Massa is questioning the outcome of the 2008 world championship. The pair fought to the wire for last year's drivers' crown, but Massa told a Brazilian TV network that the crash-gate scandal made him feel "robbed" of the title.

"It is my title and what people say doesn't bother me," Hamilton told Bild. "I am a little surprised, because we had a very fair title fight over the course of the season.”

Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali commented: "There is no authority that can annul a sporting result one year afterwards, so we have to live with it."

Massa also told Globo that it was "not so cool" that Nelson Piquet Jr only admitted to crashing deliberately after he was fired by Renault. On Thursday, the pair shook hands at the Granja Viana kart track near Sao Paulo, where they are training for a forthcoming race.

Meanwhile, Massa insists he has no problem with Ferrari's appointment of Fernando Alonso as his team-mate next year.

The pair clashed infamously after the 2007 Nurburgring race, when following an on-track scrape they argued while waiting to go onto the podium. "Shortly after that, we got over it together," Massa said. "It's in the past. There are no problems between us."

He also said he does not fear the arrival of the Spaniard, who is regarded by some as the most complete current F1 racer.

"He is a great driver," he said, "but so were my two previous team-mates, Kimi and Schumacher. I am calm. Today Ferrari is a team well able to work with two drivers. Raikkonen didn't talk much but we got on together well. He was a great teammate and I hope that Fernando is too.

"You know that in Ferrari you will always have a good driver next to you.”

Comment

Hopefully Alonso spanks both next year

Comment

I could understand how Massa feels but I think he's crying too much... And yeah, we'd have to see how Ferrari is going to do next year, I hope we get to see a hard fought championship...

Comment

Working...
        X