No announcement yet.

im sick of the excuses for Jones and Tyson's short comings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
    Terrible..., do you think Tarver would have landed that left is Roy was 27 at light heavy?

terrible, you right though, roy does struggle against tall southpaws who fight cagey...Harding gave him trouble too. But in Roy's hey day, he always found a way to win.
    im not sure i cant say no allthough im tempted to who knows

its like i pointed out Roy did not face many fighters like Tarver in his prime by that i mean tall ,lefty,with power and a good counter puncher

id favour Jones but its by no means cut and dry Griffin was able to momentarily take away Jones advantages and i think Tarver holds more advantages than Griffin against Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      and who's to say he would?

the fight never happened in roy's prime we will never know.

all i know is tarver might have beaten roy 2 out of 3 but he isn't half as great as roy was.

that's a fact. tarver isn't in the top 3 names on roy's resume. i suggest you look over roy's career again.

tarver wouldn't even be a name if it wasn't for roy. tarver is a good fighter. nothing more.
      What is the point of this post ?

as if i dont already know Jones is recognised as the better fighter

that does not change the fact he beat Roy twice and has a realistic chance to beat him in his prime also

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
        im not sure i cant say no allthough im tempted to who knows

its like i pointed out Roy did not face many fighters like Tarver in his prime by that i mean tall ,lefty,with power and a good counter puncher

id favour Jones but its by no means cut and dry Griffin was able to momentarily take away Jones advantages and i think Tarver holds more advantages than Griffin against Jones
        honestly I use to think roy would crush tarver in his prime, now i think he would have won but it would have been tough. As tough as Jones-Tarver I? No, not that tough, but tough. Like you said, Griffin and Harding gave him trouble. Tarver is alot like them...but in his day Roy would have found a way.Imo

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
          honestly I use to think roy would crush tarver in his prime, now i think he would have won but it would have been tough. As tough as Jones-Tarver I? No, not that tough, but tough. Like you said, Griffin and Harding gave him trouble. Tarver is alot like them...but in his day Roy would have found a way.Imo
          Thats fair enough

Comment

I'd give you some green K Terrible, but it says I have to spread some around.

Excuses for losing are pathetic.

In a one on one sport, there is no room for excuses.

Comment

I remember watching TNT and while Kenny was talking about smth , Charles was looking behind his hsoulder checking out the RJ fight and when he got koed. He was like out loud, "Roy Jones just got knocked out" - that was hillarious and shocking to me at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                i'm just saying there's reasons why a fighter loses.

if you say berbick beat ali because ali was old that's not an excuse it's the reason he lost.

excuse and explanation is not the same thing but hard to distinguish.

jones was 35 turning 36 when he lost to tarver. while tarver is only about a year younger there's a big difference between a 34 yr. old with 20 plus fights and a guy turning 36 who's had 50 fights.

jones also has a style predicated on speed and reflex since he's more a natural middleweight being only 5'11. speed and reflex is one of the first things to go as you get older.
                Tarvers older by a few months.

Your last statement, "speed and reflex is one of the first things to go as you get older".

Tarvers older by a few months.

He wasn't in his physical prime either. Maybe not as shopworn, but he definitely wasn't as fast nor did he have the same reflexes either.

Comment

Working...
                X