Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arturo Gatti's death wasn't a suicide. (link inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arturo Gatti's death wasn't a suicide. (link inside)

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/08/09...h-was-homicide

It was obvious from day 1 imo.

http://www.rds.ca/boxe/chroniques/324394.html

2nd link is the full story but its a Montreal based sport network so the story is more in-depth, I'm way too lazy to translate all the article.

I think it look's like it was his wife .Just look's like a gold digger she's got 6 mil of Gatti's , sad .God forgive me if i'm wrong .

Comment

TRANSLATED
      NEWARK, the United States - A new private inquiry which will be revealed at the end of August concludes that the ex-boxing champion of Montreal, Arturo Gatti, would not have end in his days in July, 2009 in a Brazilian seaside station.

The results of this exhaustive inquiry of 10 months, ordered by Stalemate Lynch, the ancient manager of the boxer, will leave no doubt on reasons of the decease of the 37-year-old boxer, supports Paul Ciolino, an interviewer deprived of Chicago engaged by the clan Gatti, in a meeting granted in the American daily The Jersey Newspaper and published on Monday.

The spacious report of inquiry, based on meetings led to the United States, to Canada and to Brazil besides experts' opinions, will be made public during a press conference envisaged on August 30th, in New Jersey.

Finds contained in this report were important enough so that a Brazilian judge decides to open again the inquiry into reasons of the decease of the boxer, entrusted to The Press Canadian, on Tuesday evening, Jeremy Filosa, spokeswoman of the family Gatti and a friend of the ancient World champion.

Click here to find out more!
      Mr Filosa was put in the picture last week of this turnaround of situation while the Brazilian magistrate would have made his decision on July 11th.

« It is a big win for the family and then, this is going to allow to people to see the endorsement of the medal since for a long time, the family wanted to express itself and must have stopped themselves at the request of the lawyers », explained Mr Filosa, about revelations contained in the new inquiry.

« It was extremely difficult for them (the members of the family) to absorb all that was said without being able to give their version of facts and this time, they are going to be able to make it », supports Mr Filosa, who works with the family and the fellows of the boxer to organize important media event.

« The interviewer has already confirmed that during this point of press, they are going to show without the shade of a doubt that Arturo Gatti did not come out life », moreover declared Mr Filosa, a journalist in the job of CKAC Sports.

Paul Ciolino, who led the investigation with Joseph Moura, besides added in the American daily that an enlivened presentation showing that Gatti cannot have committed suicide will be broadcast during press conference.

« It is physically impossible, considering circumstances and their theories of Brazilian policemen) », asserted Mr Ciolino, by making allusion to the hypothesis of the suicide.

Native of Montreal, Gatti was found died on July 11th, 2009 while he was on vacation with his family in Brazil. The popular champion of junior lightweights had left of her boxing two years before with a chip of 40 wins and nine defeats.

It is the spouse of Gatti, Amanda Rodrigues, then 23-year-old, that found him dead in his room. It had first been accused of murder but been then liberated from these accusations about two weeks later. The police had concluded that Gatti had committed suicide.

Brazilian authorities maintained in the epoch that Gatti was saoul and depressed owing to the missed marriage. According to the policemen, Gatti hung himself with the aid of a strap of a bag with hand belonging to his wife, whom he would have hung on the ramp of a staircase. Amanda Rodrigues and their son, Arturo son, slept on the floor.

Nevertheless, the family of the ancient boxer always rejected this version of facts and makes exhume the body of Gatti and claimed a second postmortem examination.

Mr Ciolino maintained in the American newspaper that the investigation in Brazil had been led in a incompetent way and that postmortem examination was "completely incomplete".

« They had recourse in a tremendous number of practices which are not allowable in the world elsewhere. It was simply inadequate », it supported.

For his/her part, Stalemate Lynch maintained that he only wanted to know that there had happened in Brazil the evening when Arturo died.

« When I engaged Paul Ciolino and Joe Moura, I said to them ' all that I want it is the truth, that it is a murder or a suicide, we want only the truth '. In the bottom of my heart, I know that he did not come out life. »

Mr Lynch moreover explained that he had spoken to Gatti before this trip in Brazil and that he had not given him impression to be depressive.

Moreover, the decease of the boxer had triggered off a long judicial battle on its succession, a question which is still not regulated.

Amanda Rodrigues claimed this last, estimated about 8 millions $. But his request was questioned by the mother and one of the brothers of the boxer.

These last called into question the legitimacy of the testament of Gatti, which was changed only three weeks before his decease and that left all his inheritance to Amanda Rodrigues.

The family of the boxer wished that it is the testament signed in 2007 by the boxer that is considered as validates

Comment

I don't see a warrior like Gatti, killing himself with a purse strap, never bought it. Something happened with him and his wife, she got some local guys from the Favela and smoked his ass.

Sad because he was one of my favorites.

Comment

mmm mmm mmm mmm - crash test dummies

Comment

Working...
          X