Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley "If I Lose To Amir Khan I'm Out Of Mayweather / Pacquiao Sweepstakes"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the most embarrassing lines ever uttered in boxing history.

The funniest thing about it is that Bradley fans will rubbish Khan as a fighter without realising that their boy was literally afraid that he might lose to him.

Comment

• Straight out duck, no denying it. I still have him beating Khan "doe" but when a fighter ducks a fight himself because he is looking at the consequence of losing then it says a lot about his mental state.

Comment

• Look at Bradley's career and Khan's career...I would much rather be Bradley at this point

Last edited by sicko; 10-26-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Straight out duck, no denying it. I still have him beating Khan "doe" but when a fighter ducks a fight himself because he is looking at the consequence of losing then it says a lot about his mental state.
          I think his mental state was just fine.He got exactly what he wanted. How can someone with any sense say Bradley was scared to fight Khan, but gladly got into the ring with Pacquiao and Marquez? I don't really know why people come on this forum and pretend like they've never heard of the word "business". I could see if he took a fight with a lesser name for less money, but he didn't. People can say Bradley "ducked" Khan all they want, but look where the two fighters are right now. Fighters get labeled "scared" or "duckers" because they make decisions that are best for THEM.

Comment

• Originally posted by miniq View Post
            Fck that. Why sell out like a biatch to get your ass schooled. I respect Garcia for taking logical steps in his career.

Bradley sold out and became a lil depressed whore when he got terrorised for robbing Pac and acting like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Money is important BUT SO IS HONOR. If you can fight to became the undisputed 140 king and make $1mill or get your ass whooped by Pacquiao for $5mill... which would you take?
            There was a bit more than $1mill on the table for Bradley. I believe it was $1.4 mill. $400k more is $400k. It was $1.4mill, and a chance to get the Ring title and leave to 147 to fight Pacquiao. Instead he decided to fight Casamayor for $1.3mill then Pac for $5mill. Good business move? Sure, if you're Bradley himself, Bradley's wife or Bradley's kids. A boxing fan? F-ck do you care if Bradley made a good business move. At the time I was a TB fan and wanted to see him win that Ring title at 140 and then leave. He didn't think he could do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
              I think his mental state was just fine.He got exactly what he wanted. How can someone with any sense say Bradley was scared to fight Khan, but gladly got into the ring with Pacquiao and Marquez? I don't really know why people come on this forum and pretend like they've never heard of the word "business". I could see if he took a fight with a lesser name for less money, but he didn't. People can say Bradley "ducked" Khan all they want, but look where the two fighters are right now. Fighters get labeled "scared" or "duckers" because they make decisions that are best for THEM.
              He ducked khan period! He worked out for him in the end. And there is a difference between someone ducking a fight and someone " scared"... The two "look where they are now" is irrelevant. Khan was willing to take on more risky challenges even "doe" he had more to lose. Bradley didn't, at the end of the day Khan is still the money man, and in terms of "Business moves" Khan is still the fighter that brings the most money to the table for his opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Look at Bradley's career and Khan's career...I would much rather be Bradley at this point

Too bad Tim 'The Duck Storm' Bradley didn't want a piece of that because it was too dangerous at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  There was a bit more than $1mill on the table for Bradley. I believe it was $1.4 mill. $400k more is $400k. It was $1.4mill, and a chance to get the Ring title and leave to 147 to fight Pacquiao. Instead he decided to fight Casamayor for $1.3mill then Pac for $5mill. Good business move? Sure, if you're Bradley himself, Bradley's wife or Bradley's kids. A boxing fan? F-ck do you care if Bradley made a good business move. At the time I was a TB fan and wanted to see him win that Ring title at 140 and then leave. He didn't think he could do it.
                  Refreshing to see someone that doesn't actually endorse the "Great ducking business move" of Bradley, like you said that fight would have told us who the number 1 was at 140. And Bradley would have ride to 147 as the man at 140. He did the calling out, set the date, got the contract then ran, first we were told he had managerial issues, then promotional issues, then it was a great business move, then the man himself came and and told the true about not wanting to lose. Fair enough but ducking is still ducking and whether is career went on to bigger and better things it didn't change the fact that he ducked a fight that he called for.

Comment

• So now Khan is justified in avoiding other fights and accept Mayweather's offer. Though no one is idiotic enough to say Alexander is too scary to be avoided.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Too bad Tim 'The Duck Storm' Bradley didn't want a piece of that because it was too dangerous at the time.
                      Yeah because by some peoples logic "Timothy Bradley Ducked Amir Khan To Fight...Manny Pacquiao?" yeah clearly Bradley took the easier path fighting Pacquiao, Provodnikov and JMM since signing with Top Rank *Sarcasm* HAHAHAHA
                      Last edited by sicko; 10-26-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X