No announcement yet.

Floyd Patterson as a middle weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Patterson as a middle weight

How good do you think Patterson would have been if he would have stayed middle weight? Best of all time? Top 5?

I would put him right up there with Ray Robinson

i agree.. Patterson was a fantastic boxer

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      i agree.. Patterson was a fantastic boxer
      His big weakness was his chin. I think he wouldn't have had that problem against fighters his size. Plus his power would have been even better at middle weight. Great fighter for sure

Comment

Patterson was 17 when he won gold as a middleweight, i see him being a comfortable light heavyweight for his professional bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by luv4boxing84 View Post
          His big weakness was his chin. I think he wouldn't have had that problem against fighters his size. Plus his power would have been even better at middle weight. Great fighter for sure
          nothing much wrong with Pattersons chin, i cannot think of a single fighter who`s chin would have stood those punches from a prime Liston

Comment

Patterson had a much better amateur career than Muhammad Ali,and almost any fighter in history.

He was supposed to be an all-time great looking at his amateur career.He had very high expectations.

He would have been one of the greatest p4p fighters at middleweight or light heavyweight.

Comment

He never could've stayed at MW his whole career.

I look at Patterson kinda like Bob Foster. Great at LHW, not so much at HW.

Comment

Working...
              X