No announcement yet.

Baltimore Cop talks about institutional racism and the war on drugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    I didn't want to start another thread on this, but I went to my family reunion last month and talked to an officer that was related to one of my cousins.

He confirmed everything we've been saying when it comes to police targeting blacks.

And get this, it was coming from a black cop that admitted to help doing the targeting.

That's why I never understand why people say you have a black cop, black chief, black president, etc. It's the system that's the problem.
    It's the damn system. They used "fluffed up" stats to get promotion and the best way to do that is to target poor and voiceless blacks.

Comment

Comment

What is Colin talking about? What systemic racism?

Comment

"but how come they dont target white ppl tho???"

Here's a hint to the TS and all the other delusional idiots here who whine about systematic racism:
          White people do not commit violent crime at the same rate as African-American people.

This is a fact. It cannot be disputed. You can whine about the drug war all you want (and you may have valid points), but you need to be honest. And honesty requires admitting to yourselves that white people commit violent crimes at lower rates. Whether its armed robbery, rape, domestic abuse, animal abuse, murder, attempted murder, assault, or any other violent offense.

This is true across the board. And you can't blame the drug war for that. A small town full of meth addicts in Maine will have a fraction of a fraction of the murder rate of any drug-infested inner city neighborhood.

Somehow, white people manage to do drugs and not murder at these extreme rates. This is reality.

Comment

By the way, very few people are in state or federal prisons for drug use alone. So asking why white people don't go to prison for using heroin is silly, because black people or indeed people of any race are not going to prison for it.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...g-prison-sent/

You said you wanted facts? Here's more facts, based on DOJ data. 3% of inmates in state prisons are in prison solely for possession. A fraction of a fraction of 1% (28 in total) of people are in federal prison for drug possession.

Even more striking, only .01 percent of prisoners are in jail for marijuana possession alone.

So cut your moralistic bull****.

Comment

Working...
            X