No announcement yet.

GGG vs Canelo - Who ducked who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight will eventually happen.

Canelo isn't ready to fight GGG yet, but eventually I'm sure he will.

Comment

I'm glad everyone agrees Canelo ducked GGG
      aboutfkntime

Comment

Clearly Canelo was the one ducking.

Comment

Canelo obviously. GGG should have been willing to make some concessions though, since he desperately needs/wants the money fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            So, who ducked who?

Canelo:

Canelo said he'd fight GGG at 155 straight after the fight with Khan. He said he was from Mexico and they don't back down from anyone.

After that, he backed down. He gave his WBC belt to GGG instead of fighting him for it and went to 154 - a weight limit he hasn't made in about 3 years - to fight Liam Smith.

Him and his team then promised to fight GGG in September '17, something Tom Loeffler later said wasn't true at all.

GGG:

Said he'd fight anyone from 154-168 in 2013. That has now been known to mean Mayweather at '54 and Chaves at '68, and then only '60. no one else.

Said he was the 160 champion and he will unify all of the belts at 160 and that was his goal. Has mocked Canelo for wanting to fight at 155.

- Has never received an offer to step into the ring with Canelo at '55 or any other weight.

Who ducked who??
            You forgot something, canelo is a jmw and ggg is mw, and also ggg said in the past he will go to 154 for any big ppv, but 2 or 3 days ago said canelo wants 155 but ggg stays at 160, he basically admitted that is not even willing to negotiate 1 pound... so i can say that the jmw ducked at 160 and the mw is ducking at any other weight... the jmw said i will fight you at 160 but a year from know..
            Last edited by icha; 07-13-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

There was no ducking on either side, there was no drawn up contracts no terms agreed upon. There was minimal talks at best... it's called posturing. It's called control, mind games. The fights gonna happen next year I guarantee it. It just didn't happen on Golovkin's fangirls terms and they are lashing out with frustration due to his frustrating career which is understandable. If people would sympathize with them then they wouldn't argue with them. Simple as that.

Comment

my bad Laced it seems that wasn't your intentions. AboutFNtime is a troll and borderline idiot.
                Last edited by SilverMiles; 07-13-2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

i guess , canelo chances to win this fight!

Comment

Team GGG are hypocrites but not ducks. Canelo gave up his belt and changed weight classes to avoid a fight.

Comment

Swing and a miss.

Comment

Working...
                      X