No announcement yet.

Who can beat Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can beat Wladimir?

The most skilled heavyweight Wladimir fought recently was Eddie Chambers, and I rewatched that fight. Chambers looked helpless, there was absolutely nothing Chambers could have done to win that fight. Eddie had the skills to beat Wladimir but not the size. It was like watching a welterweight fight a super-middleweight, the size disparity was too huge.

Haye on the other hand is 6'3, he had the size to beat Wladimir, but not the skills. He hasn't honed his craft yet.

Will there be a heavyweight who's skilled as Chambers but with Haye's size? If Wladimir fought a prime Holyfield, I think Holyfield would have won.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 07-02-2011, 08:41 PM.

his older brother

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
      his older brother
      Yep and that fight will never happen

Comment

After tonight's performance?

No one.

As I said in another thread; the only guys with any hope would be Adamek and that guy that won Prizefighter this year. But even they don't really have much of a chance.

Comment

Only himself.

Just Like prime Lewis.

As long as he dosen't get lazy, he won't lose in the current HW division.

Comment

At the moment? Nobody.

Comment

Povetkin has a shot I guess but Wlad's pretty much unbeatable.

Comment

someone with a left hook

Comment

Aren't Haye/Chamber similar size?

Anyway Chisora with his bob and weave tactic could be the man for the job

Comment

Yep, now the only guy to beat Wlad (other than Vitaly, but that's not even worth mentioning) is Wlad. He will only loose, and only lost, when he got careless or underestimated his opponent. He was beating the **** out of Brewster and Purrity and just gassed, while with Sanders, its common knowledge that he underestimated him just like Lewis did Rahman.

Comment

Working...
                    X