Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best poker hand you've gotten?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    in my experience the best hand you can get is one thats only slightly better than someone elses.

Then they might believe they stand a chance and start laying some money down
    All you have to do is make them THINK you have the best hand.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post
      All you have to do is make them THINK you have the best hand.....

agree. ideally they've got a great hand that they bet and eventually fold. you can't lose if they fold.

Comment

2 spade,3 heart,5 diamond,6 clover, 7 spade

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
          2 spade,3 heart,5 diamond,6 clover, 7 spade
          Whoa... that's like 1/250. Mind boggling.

EDIT: LOL NVM just noticed he didn't put a 4 for a straight. Here's an interesting perspective on the hand you actually just posted:

You are 4x more likely to be dealt a royal flush than 2s,3h,5d,6c,7s
          Last edited by deliveryman; 12-20-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I play poker a lot. Live, and on the dragon play app for android and now iPad. I've never had or even seen a royal flush. If anyone has that app hit me up to play, Rocco Cain is my username

Comment

Pair of Queens and Ace kicker sitting on the table, my opponent is all-in hiding bullets. Full house Queens and Aces? Yeah I only had pocket ladies.

Four Queens for the pot and the game.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Pair of Queens and Ace kicker sitting on the table, my opponent is all-in hiding bullets. Full house Queens and Aces? Yeah I only had pocket ladies.

Four Queens for the pot and the game.

Hahaha, your opp must've been sick after that hand.....

video is negreanu and hansen playing something similar....
                Last edited by Jerub_Baal; 12-20-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

No word of a lie I once got a royal flush against my friends, I beat a guy in the hand who had a flush Ace high.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                    No word of a lie I once got a royal flush against my friends, I beat a guy in the hand who had a flush Ace high.
                    That's the thing about getting the Royal Flush is you need someone else to have a worthy hand to play against you or else you're not going to win many chips or be able to show what you got at the end of the hand

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                      That's the thing about getting the Royal Flush is you need someone else to have a worthy hand to play against you or else you're not going to win many chips or be able to show what you got at the end of the hand
                      The thing is, novice poker players consistently overvalue their hands. You don't need anything close to a royal flush to extract value from fish.
                      Last edited by deliveryman; 12-20-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X