No announcement yet.

"Wladimir Klitschko's hands are faster than Mike Tyson's" Tommy Brooks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
    Brooks trained a very young Wladimir and a past it Tyson. Maybe he did see that. Tyson's combinations show that he is maybe the fast puncher at 220+ as anyone's seen. Wlad might be the fastest notable 240-250+ puncher. That's probably why when he fights guys who are about the same size they get it worse than backfoot average or smaller heavies. We keep hearing complaints that Wlad's too big but look how bad he gives it to guys his size. Jameel McCline, Derek Jefferson, Ray Austin, Wlad was too athletic for all of these guys. Hands, feet, reflexes, too quick, too coordinated. They did not know how to deal it. David Haye, one of the quickest heavies could not catch Wlad because his foot speed, reflexes and coordination are f**king crazy for a guy his size.
    yea,,,I agree. wlad is amazingly fast for a huge guy but a prime tyson was faster

Comment

I watched a lot of old fighters and I always thought Klitschko had slow hands compared to them. He looks robotic compared to their fluid movements.

Comment

I really dislike Merchant.

Comment

keep in mind most of the people laughing are thinking specifically of combos. Sure Tyson has faster combos but that's mostly because Wlad doesn't even throw any damn combos. Secondly Tyson has much shorter arms which allows him to pull off combos and hooks faster but in terms of throwing one shot down the pipe or something who knows, Wlad could maybe be up there in speed

Comment

Can Grabimir Clinchko throw 5 punches in a second? Does he throw combos?

He barely throws a right hand, the word "combos" isn't in his vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
              I watched a lot of old fighters and I always thought Klitschko had slow hands compared to them. He looks robotic compared to their fluid movements.
              Are you kidding me. Most old fightes were more robotic and had absolutely no skills. Liston wouldnt even be a top 10 contender in today era. Just go and watch some of his tapes

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                Can Grabimir Clinchko throw 5 punches in a second? Does he throw combos?

He barely throws a right hand, the word "combos" isn't in his vocabulary.
                clearly u didnt watch that youtube video. he didnt have any problem throwing combos in that fight. he just chooses not to anymore unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                  Brooks trained a very young Wladimir and a past it Tyson. Maybe he did see that. Tyson's combinations show that he is maybe the fast puncher at 220+ as anyone's seen. Wlad might be the fastest notable 240-250+ puncher. That's probably why when he fights guys who are about the same size they get it worse than backfoot average or smaller heavies. We keep hearing complaints that Wlad's too big but look how bad he gives it to guys his size. Jameel McCline, Derek Jefferson, Ray Austin, Wlad was too athletic for all of these guys. Hands, feet, reflexes, too quick, too coordinated. They did not know how to deal it. David Haye, one of the quickest heavies could not catch Wlad because his foot speed, reflexes and coordination are f**king crazy for a guy his size.
                  Got it in one!

Prime Tyson was rather faster than any version of Wlad.

Comment

Which version of Tyson are we talking about?

This version?

There's no way Wlad compares to this kind of speed - but it's virtually impossible because of his natural build. He's very quick for his size though, mostly on his feet. But his jab-right hand of early 2000s were very quick and powerful as well.

His jab-right clinch is pretty quick too nowadays.

Comment

wlad's handspeed compares favorably to a prime henry akwindade. he can grab and hold you before you even realize it.

Comment

Working...
                      X