Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd and Roy were the same size how do you see a fight going in their primes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el*** View Post
    He just looked his best because JMM boxed him on the outside and couldnt close the distance and floyd schooled him easy. Judah he didnt open up enough the first few rounds and after roger told him to he fixed that and didnt loose another round after. DLH presented a tight defense and a good jab, which is what bothers floyd. Hatton was awkward because he has fast legs and likes to wrestle but after a few early rounds figuring him out floyd whooped his ass on the inside at hattons own game. He looks different every fight because he makes adjustments every fight and never fights the same.
    No, Floyd was faster and had better reflexes against JMM. And his defense was more slick and pretty in that fight. He was slow against Judah and Hatton. Against Oscar he was just about to retire, and not passionate anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
      I want to hear breakdowns and reasons why one would win please,educate me............
      roy would be 160, floyd would be 135-140 so they'd have to fight at a cw of150 or so. Roy would be ineffective having to lose so much weight. he'd look like ODH coming in vs Manny. Floyd would be fast and healthy so floyd by easy wide UD or maybe even late stoppage because roy couldn't possibly make 12 rounds having lost so much weight.

Now if there is no catchweight and its 160lb roy vs 140 lb floyd-well floyd might have a small problem.

Comment

Geez larry! How many time do we have to bring up this fantasy fight? And every time its the same! The masses see Roy Jones as the victor by way of obliteration over Floyd! His speed and power and natural athleticism triumphs Floyd and pretty much everyone elses.

Comment

for me, Roy will toy floyd...

Comment

Tough tough call. Mayweather's jab would really bother Jones. But Jones' footwork...oh boy. I need to think about this.

Comment

On second thought, give me Jones by close decision.

Comment

jones jr.

too fast, too unpredictable.

Comment

Same exact size? Floyd UD.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    He says Roy was faster, but speed dont win fights, skills do. I dont care who's faster myself. I just know Floyd's defense is the difference. So his gameplan is to fight a defensive fight, and capitalize on the mistakes Roy makes, since his defense isnt as great. Whatever the difference is between the fighters, may make the difference. And again, Im not predicting who would win. Tough call.
                    Roy Jones had skills too. He was a lot more than just a Meldrick Taylor with fast hands that entered into exchange after exchange. You act like he's Jermain Taylor: a gifted athlete with a pair of gloves on.

He didn't use a traditional shell defense like Floyd and Toney but he was still very effective defensively own right. The main objective to defense is to not get hit and prime Roy rarely got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Roy Jones had skills too. He was a lot more than just a Meldrick Taylor with fast hands that entered into exchange after exchange. You act like he's Jermain Taylor: a gifted athlete with a pair of gloves on.

He didn't use a traditional shell defense like Floyd and Toney but he was still very effective defensively own right. The main objective to defense is to not get hit and prime Roy rarely got hit.
                      Agreed. Mayweather actually gets hit more than Jones.

Comment

Working...
                      X