No announcement yet.

GGG shoulder roll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG shoulder roll

I'm starting to see GGG utilize that move more and more. It was apparent in the Ishida fight, he employed it against Murray and was one of the main defenses against Lemieux. Dude can move in and out like Mayweather, kid you not!

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
    I'm starting to see GGG utilize that move more and more. It was apparent in the Ishida fight, he employed it against Murray and was one of the main defenses against Lemieux. Dude can move in and out like Mayweather, kid you not!

Comment

Yea but he don't hold and run or use steroids

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Yea but he don't hold and run or use steroids
        Green K for you sir when I can again!

Comment

I wouldn't say his shoulder roll is mayweather/toney level but it certainly is effective.

Comment

lets cut the bullcrap, GGG's assets have nothing to do with his defense. him schooling Lemieux was like Alvarado schooling rios

great offensive fighter tho, good boxer vs pure offensive fighters

Comment

GGG is so slick no wonder Mayweather and Ward ducked him.

GGG with the Slick Mexican Style who dont cheat, dont run, dont clinch just pure boxing.

Comment

Damn. Now GGG has a shoulder roll.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
                  Damn. Now GGG has a shoulder roll.
                  He does use it from time to time, yes.

Comment

If you can't see GGG's sublime defense on Saturday then it's your loss. His movements were very subtle, just enough to get out of the danger zone then he goes back to offense because he is an offensive force. Unlike James Toney's D, GGG doesn't stay in the pocket to exchange. And unlike Mayweather he doesn't go all out on defense. I'm not saying he's up there yet with the two aforementioned fighters, but the boy can slip and slide.

GGG steps back 1-2 then jab or uses the right cross when Lemieux is charging in. If he is too close to the ropes he turns Lemieux around to disrupt Lemieux's foward progress. Or when Lemieux loads up he turns on his side to narrow Lemieux's target and uses the shoulder to deflect Lemieux's punches. One thing I should note is the left hand GGG use to disrupt Lemieux's offense. It is very similar to Mayweather's tactic to disrupt an opponent charging in. When both fighters do that they create a bigger gap or it stops the opp's initial forward movement, making it difficult to throw the intended power punch.

Hey, dont take it from me, even the great James Toney said GGG is the best MW since his prime self so...

Comment

Working...
                    X