Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Crawford keeps winning, people will pay to see him lose...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    how about the stuff roach and postol said before the fight? why was that swept under the rug? so him taunting a little is classless but no mention of the cash money sh* they were talking????? was that classless? damn a football player cant even slam the ball down in the NFL anymore or even make a damn muscle without a complaint wtf is the world coming to????
    keyword: "professional"

aint nobody said you cant celebrate, but there's a way of going about it.

you wanna dance around after a touch down, stay in high school football then.

wanna get paid millions? then better start acting like you deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      what about it??? crawford's team was also talking. "built up to the fight" as a lot of you guys put it, so whats wrong with that?

that is completely different than what crawford was doing in the 12th round sticking his tongue out. and aint nobody is complaining about it. you made a post implying that soon people will start to say he's a clueless thug in the ring and im just pointing out to you that what he did will help him get there faster.
      tons of people are complaining, but just a few on here... im on a lot of boxing sites right now and its the biggest argument, is it classless when GGG taps his gloves together and lets his opponents hit him? absolutely not let them live they deserve it

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
        Nah,
        Everyone that is aware of Crawford's existence likes him.

He is not similar to Mayweather, and even if he tried to be it wouldn't work out for him.

The success that Mayweather and Pacquaio had in the careers on PPV is going to be very hard for any fighter to duplicate. They were great but timing and luck also had a lot to do with it.

The market is simply not the same.
        market is not the same cause people got sick of paying for froids sheet fights

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I don't think this past weekends ppv will do to well BUT I do see a ppv future for TC. Haters are fans too and he is just that good. Eventually people will pay to hopefully see him lose, just like all the casuals that put $ in Floyds bank account to hopefully see him lose, TC will eventually get the same. Thoughts?
          Well honestly i think TC needs to keep that great personality of his. Be humble, gracious and open to people and very peronable. Dont try and put on some act and be a heel like Floyd did.

I think if he just stays true to himself, his personality will take him a long way if he keeps winning.

Regardless of what Floyd did. People like winners, and they like winners that they can relate to. With Floyd, he was a winner but no one can relate to him(outside the hip-hop ghetto kids) and he put up this money first, money only attitude and people didnt like that. IMO if Floyd was a humble friendly personable guy that people can relate to and wasnt this money first, money only guy. He would have been more popular and dare i say even more richer. He would have gotten endorsement deals and other things.

Basically people like winners they can relate to, bottom line. And if TC can stay humble, have a great friendly attitude, outgoing and be open to all people and not try and be some heel. He can go a long way with his career and people will always root for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I don't think this past weekends ppv will do to well BUT I do see a ppv future for TC. Haters are fans too and he is just that good. Eventually people will pay to hopefully see him lose, just like all the casuals that put $ in Floyds bank account to hopefully see him lose, TC will eventually get the same. Thoughts?
            They wont pay to see him lose. hes a likable guy. If he keeps running like he did in last fight and have fans boo the lack of engagement they wont pay or wanna see him at all. If I see another fight where he runs like he did with Postal i wont pay to see another fight. Ill stream it for free.
            DOnt compare Floyd to Crawford or vise versa...Floyd was and is a well hated piece of chicken shlt. Thats why people paid to see him lose...add that with the fact that Floyd fought guys with a big fan base...even if it wasnt the fight that fans wanted to see. The following of the opponent had evverything to do with Floyds PPV numbers along with he was hated. Not the case for Crawford. I hope for Crawfords legacy he dont follow that road.

Comment

As long as Crawford doesn't brag about his talent, trash talk, duck challenges, and compare himself to past legends who did so much more in this sport, I don't think people will hate him.

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              i see crawford in the same boat as keith thurman. starts out humble and quiet. doesnt say much but then as time goes by, starts opening his mouth more and more. humble and doesnt make diva demands would be guys like tim bradley.
              There's nothing that's changed with Thurman. He always speaks when it's time and even then, Thurman only comes off as a hungry and confident, yet very respectable contender rather than a big mouth braggart who thinks he's more than what he is.
              Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 07-25-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Floyd needed a gimmick because he was great and wasn't selling. TC is selling in Nebraska big time and the crowd atmosphere is great. I think some of that crowd will travel.
                Floyd didn't NEED a gimmick. He coulda sold 100k-300k PPV's each time he had a PPV like the rest of these guys & been a regular HBO & Showtime guy his whole career outside of that. He made a decision to be as big as he could be. That involved taking a villain role which is a highly underserved market in boxing.

Randomly some of these knuckleheads could take home massive bank. If only they opened themselves up to quit that poor kid who worked his way up to pro boxer bs story that is boring & oversold & what they are trying to make TC's story be unsurprisingly. I'm talking to you Kovalev. Every boxer wants to be Mr. Cardboard Cutout doe.

I do not think he will ever get to Floyd/Tyson level ticket prices.
                Probably not, but he can definitely move to higher ground then he's at.

We will know a lot more once the PPV sales are released. If this fight somehow manages to do 200k then TC is gonna be fine.
                TC is gonna be fine either way at this point I think. If he's stuck on HBO making $2M per fight from here out thats hardly bad shape & thats probably his worst case situation if this did 42k PPV's.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                  Well honestly i think TC needs to keep that great personality of his. Be humble, gracious and open to people and very peronable. Dont try and put on some act and be a heel like Floyd did.

I think if he just stays true to himself, his personality will take him a long way if he keeps winning.

Regardless of what Floyd did. People like winners, and they like winners that they can relate to. With Floyd, he was a winner but no one can relate to him(outside the hip-hop ghetto kids) and he put up this money first, money only attitude and people didnt like that. IMO if Floyd was a humble friendly personable guy that people can relate to and wasnt this money first, money only guy. He would have been more popular and dare i say even more richer. He would have gotten endorsement deals and other things.

Basically people like winners they can relate to, bottom line. And if TC can stay humble, have a great friendly attitude, outgoing and be open to all people and not try and be some heel. He can go a long way with his career and people will always root for him.
                  I get what you are saying, the only problem is humbleness is look at Andre Ward (and I say this as a BIG fan) it only goes so far. I agree with my boy Red Foxx's comment earlier referencing the WWE. I think all of us boxing fans have a lil Macho Man Randy Savage fanatic in us whether you were a hater or not. TC will have to embrace a certain role at times, I dont see him burning money or anything like that but I do see him being a "tuff guy" so to speak. I think if he beats up an old Pacquiao, maybe he will be looked at as a bully to some and a bad ass to others.

Comment

Nah. Casuals have had enough of that boring running crap. I'm not even sure top fighters in his division, after the Pac fight, would want to fight him without getting paid astronomically. He's high risk, low reward type of fighter. But you can be sure he'll do well with Lundy level opponents.

Comment

think people will want him to lose because of his style eventually. Not dissing him just isnt some explosive style that casual fans will love, think its hard to hate on his personality so would be for that reason

Comment

Working...
                      X