Comments Thread For: Saunders: Realistically I am 18 months away from Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    That is exactly right hitking.

Nothing but common-sense from you, as usual.

Look at how the panty-brigade got upset over Cotto beating Martinez.

A belt does not a champion make.

Casual fans are pretty stupid.
    The very definition of the word "champion" talks of a singular individual. So the notion that folks identify multiple "champions" in a given division is ridiculous in itself. The middleweight division is unique in that there is an established lineal champion that really isn't a full-time fighter in the division. And you have a very clear cut #1 guy in GGG that isn't the lineal champ. So in that respect, you kinda have two "champions" in the division. But everyone else is chasing. Saunders can't "hold a title hostage" because he isn't THEE champion in the division. So the longer he avoids Nelo and/or GGG, the more irrelevant he'll become. I don't care how many belts he has. Without the names GGG or Canelo on his resume, he ain't **** when it comes to the class of the middleweight division.

Comment

[QUOTE=El-blanco;16339763]Love hearing "champions" say Y[PHP[/PHP]

You didn't fight a champion, you didn't beat one...you have a belt...

So do I....

We don't have 12 World champions....we have some outstanding boxers...

Lets be happy with that.

Comment

I have no problem with this kind of talk if he feels he's not ready for those kind of opponents then at least he's honest but at the same time you probably shouldn't call yourself the middleweight champion of the world, you're just someone who has a belt.

Comment

but, but , but..... numerous titles are good doe

but, but , but..... they provide opportunities doe

but, but , but..... they give numerous boxers something to fight for doe

The only thing more ridiculous than having 4 sanctioning bodies..... is the casual fans suddenly realising that fact because it disadvantages their boy Golovkin.

The same as catchweights.

The 4 sanctioning bodies, and catchweights, should be removed/disposed.

They are completely unnecessary.

But nobody gets to suddenly change the rules NOW,

It's been like this for DECADES..... you all should have addressed the issue when/because it was good for boxing, not suddenly become interested NOW because it is good for Golovkin..... just like you did with catchweights.

But it's OK..... I suppose rubbishing the status quo simply because it doesn't suit your guy - but keeping it anyway - means that you can conveniently flip-flop and use cw's/belts to benefit your guy down the line.
          Is there a single Golovkin thread where this obsessed dumbass isn't repeating the same crap ?
          Jesus ****ing christ get a life already.

Comment

Originally posted by JrX View Post
            Boxers know where they need to be to even try to defeat Ggg not like some posters on here. Canelo should jump on this fight and have even more leverage.
            I'd be alright with Canelo/BJS as long as it isn't at a catchweight.

Comment

His next opponent will be interesting. Probably a domestic dude if he can't get Cotto/Canelo.

Maybe 2 or 3 if he chooses them wisely.

Comment

I agree...

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I'd be alright with Canelo/BJS as long as it isn't at a catchweight.

I second this. BJS is the WBO Champion and just beat a respectable Middleweight. Canelo should take his belt, which he will do and have a strap heading into the unification fight with GGG! It's a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  No he hasn't. GGG has NEVER called out Cotto.

He wanted his mandatory shot at the MW titles Cotto held, and he said he would still fight him after Cotto lost those titles, if Miguel wanted to do it. That's not calling him out.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    The very definition of the word "champion" talks of a singular individual. So the notion that folks identify multiple "champions" in a given division is ridiculous in itself. The middleweight division is unique in that there is an established lineal champion that really isn't a full-time fighter in the division. And you have a very clear cut #1 guy in GGG that isn't the lineal champ. So in that respect, you kinda have two "champions" in the division. But everyone else is chasing. Saunders can't "hold a title hostage" because he isn't THEE champion in the division. So the longer he avoids Nelo and/or GGG, the more irrelevant he'll become. I don't care how many belts he has. Without the names GGG or Canelo on his resume, he ain't **** when it comes to the class of the middleweight division.

Amen !

And lets further clarify your first point.....

champion
                    ˈtʃampɪən/
                    noun
                    noun: champion; plural noun: champions
                    a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.

The boxing landscape does not allow a champion to fight every possible opponent, and nor should it..... but knowledgable observers know that Golovkin has been the man at 160 for quite some time now.

NOBODY has any claim at 160 without going through Golovkin.

We just heard Saunders admit that.

I will ever understand why the casuals have wet themselves repeatedly over the 2 JMW's Cotto and Canelo.

#asshats

Comment

I will ever understand why the casuals have wet themselves repeatedly over the 2 JMW's Cotto and Canelo.
                      * neither of which have ever claimed to even be a middleweight, let alone a middleweight champion

#bedwettersLMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X