No announcement yet.

Wilder/Scott: Most Obvious Dive Since Ali-Liston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder/Scott: Most Obvious Dive Since Ali-Liston

I have never been a conspiracy theorist. However, there is no way anyone can convince me that Malik Scott did not take a dive in the Wilder fight. Wilder landed with a punch to the temple that was not that hard and a right hand that landed on the gloves. There is no way Scott should have gone down, let alone be unable to get up from that one punch.

I think Richard Schafer must have paid Scott an extra 100,000 to take a dive or Scott bet big on Wilder to win the first round. That fight was the most blatant dive since Sonny Liston went down on the phantom punch that Ali delivered in their second fight.

Now, Wilder gets to fight for a world championship belt by beating absolutely no one who could even be considered a top 20 heavyweight. This is a damn shame.

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    I have never been a conspiracy theorist. However, there is no way anyone can convince me that Malik Scott did not take a dive in the Wilder fight. Wilder landed with a punch to the temple that was not that hard and a right hand that landed on the gloves. There is no way Scott should have gone down, let alone be unable to get up from that one punch.

I think Richard Schafer must have paid Scott an extra 100,000 to take a dive or Scott bet big on Wilder to win the first round. That fight was the most blatant dive since Sonny Liston went down on the phantom punch that Ali delivered in their second fight.

Now, Wilder gets to fight for a world championship belt by beating absolutely no one who could even be considered a top 20 heavyweight. This is a damn shame.

Then you must think the Foreman vs Joe Fraizer 1 fight was fix then.Because a lot of those punches Foremen landed on Fraizer was not clean either,but he dropped Fraizer with them.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
      Then you must think the Foreman vs Joe Fraizer 1 fight was fix then.Because a lot of those punches Foremen landed on Fraizer was not clean either,but he dropped Fraizer with them.
      I saw the Foreman/Frazier fight. There is no comparison. Foreman landed a lot of great shots on Frazier. Also, Frazier did not go down on the first decent punch he was hit with and not get back up.

Comment

I think Scott took a dive. I felt that way watching it live and watching the replay back confirmed my suspicion. Either that man has a weaker temple than a pubescent girl, Deontay Wilder is the hardest puncher since Foreman, or that was a fixed fight. The right hand did not land at all, the left hand just snuck in. Something about Scott's demeanor suggested he was just playing hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
          I think Scott took a dive. I felt that way watching it live and watching the replay back confirmed my suspicion. Either that man has a weaker temple than a pubescent girl, Deontay Wilder is the hardest puncher since Foreman, or that was a fixed fight. The right hand did not land at all, the left hand just snuck in. Something about Scott's demeanor suggested he was just playing hurt.
          I don't think it will pay off. I think Wilder will get exposed when/if he gets in the ring with Bermane Stiverne or Chris Arreola.

Comment

Working...
          X