Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has an obvious advantages over these fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    its about time ppl just realize this.
    And add to that when Manny was 130 he was stepping into the ring as a WW and JMM was giving him 3-4 pounds even back then .

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      every time manny fights -bob has engineered it so he has an advantage. thats what bob gets paid to do. every time floyd fights al haymon makes sure conditions are better for floyd. thats what he gets paid to do.

only the TS-who is one of the worst manny fringe fan posters on NSB and has been desperate to keep manny in the dicussion when he is no longer relevant-would suggest otherwise.

The only difference is floyd wins all his fights, manny lost to bradley (i thought he won), and got ktfo by JMM.
      Latest excuse from Floyd fans .... it's acceptable for Floyd to get all the advantages.

I have no problem with Floyd getting all those advantages but then Floyd fans better not come back and say that Floyd fought the best version of that particular fighter ..... They would then need to agree that Floyd fought guys that he took full advantage of and that Floyd is a cherry picker ........ but going by history, that will never happen.

They even don't want to count Marquez a CW for Floyd ..... it was just technicality! Yup fighting a guy that fought at 130 the year before was a technicality ...
      Last edited by ADP02; 06-06-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        And add to that when Manny was 130 he was stepping into the ring as a WW and JMM was giving him 3-4 pounds even back then .

Floyd fans like this are now thinking that coming in at a certain weight on fight night makes them a WW ..... funny stuff.

So if that is the case then why you care about CWs on the day before the fight? You know, all these guys like Clottey, Margarito, Cotto all had the chance to come in at 160+. Geez, Manny was fighting someone that could have fought Martinez, Ward or Chad Dawson .... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          pac fought fight at 145-he had the advantage over cotto. thats why his camp negotiated the CW-for manny's advantage.
          Pac vs Oscar, Hatton and Cotto fights before the outcomes the majority of boxing fans concluded Pac with only just one fight at 135 to boot is too small for them even with the catchweight. How things suddenly changed after Pac destroyed them easily and now the floydiots think Pac has all the advantages over them. LMAO!
          Last edited by straightleft; 06-06-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
            Pac vs Oscar, Hatton and Cotto fights before the outcomes the majority of boxing fans concluded Pac with only just one fight at 135 to boot is too small for them even with the catchweight. How things suddenly changed after Pac destroyed them easily and now the floydiot thinks Pac has all the advantages over them. LMAO!
            ^^^^^^^^
            Great points. I made the same argument earlier in the post.. Nobody seems to remember that going into the 1st morales fight people thought morales would be to big at 130, now several years later people are pissed he aint fighting cotto and margarito at 154... Some even want him to fight canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              ^^^^^^^^
              Great points. I made the same argument earlier in the post.. Nobody seems to remember that going into the 1st morales fight people thought morales would be to big at 130, now several years later people are pissed he aint fighting cotto and margarito at 154... Some even want him to fight canelo
              Is that the same part of Illinois Richard prior was from just wondering just saw a documentary about him he said he was from peoria illinois i think.

And as per this thread i have to say i almost dismissed it ass nutthuggery but as i read on makes some valid points.

Comment

You are a certified floydiot and your argument doesn't make sense. What do you expect to a floydiot? Floyd admitted he cherry picked his fights and confessed he is a rich coward whose health comes first than fight those what his fans want because he said they don't pay his bills. Do you really pay his bills? If not then your a certified idiot who can't figure out your boy has no love for you.

Mate, I wouldn't buy a Floyd PPV if it was the only possible way of ever seeing him fight. I love that that is your pissweak retort though. I really dont care enough about him. Unlike you, which is the reason you only see boxing in terms of Pac fans and Pac haterz/Floyd fans, I'm fans of both fighters equally, just as I am for nearly all fighters today. If you were a Floyd fan trying to argue the opposite POV I'd bring up how Floyd has done the same thing, despite saying he doesn't, and you'd be calling me a *******...as has happened many times.

I dislike any jocky ******boy fans of certain fighters, mainly of Floyd, Pac (like your ******ed self) etc. The usual tossbags.

As for the insinuation, I don't doubt Floyd tries to get every advantage and cherry picks fights. That's what I was saying about Guerrero, even though wankers like you were saying "He'd never fight a warrior like Guerrero!" just after he'd beaten Aydin and Berto. Easy mandatory defense against an interim champion, but was a light punching guy with less boxing skill. The difference is that I know all fighters try to get whatever advantage they can, and I don't distinguish between them with petty bias like you do. While I don't like it, most really don't make that much of a difference to the outcome. Some do, most don't. You're too far up one fighters arsehole to realise that though you little queer.

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                the bolded are indications of a true floemoe.

and saying pac had the advantage over oscar is pure floemoe hindsight. nobody almost gave pac a chance coming into the fight. you intentionally omitted the fact that PAC came up TWO divisions from LW after having only ONE fight there. he was a SFW a year or so before.

Really? So Oscar wasn't dead at the weight? He fought as if he was in his welterweight prime 10 years before? I'm not talking about predictions before the fight you thick ****ing ****. That doesn't matter at all to the reality of the situation during the fight. Contrary to what people thought beforehand, what actually happened in the ring was that Pac had a massive advantage over Oscar because Oscar came in a complete zombie. A lot of people thought the weight would have some effect on Oscar, but no one thought it would do that. That was to Pac's advantage, whatever anyone thought about it before. If you think it wasn't, you're a ****ing idiot and nothing more needs be said.

Now, if you think Oscar and Canelo's situation is similar and they both deserve similar criticism and will face similar weight trouble, you need to just stop replying and leave boxingscene immediately.

Canelo is bigger, younger, and out of the twelve fights he's had as a Jr Middleweight so far since moving up from 147, he's only weighed in at 154 twice. Twice of twelve fights. The rest of his fights, he's most commonly weighed in at about 150. For a 22 year old, in his prime, who has only just started weighing in above 150, and has already had catchweight fights of 150/152 whilst a 154 champion, it really is still to his advantage because it is nothing to him.

That has nothing to do with Floyd and everything to do with just seeing it how it is without any fan bias clouding your deluded mind.

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                Floyd fans like this are now thinking that coming in at a certain weight on fight night makes them a WW ..... funny stuff.

So if that is the case then why you care about CWs on the day before the fight? You know, all these guys like Clottey, Margarito, Cotto all had the chance to come in at 160+. Geez, Manny was fighting someone that could have fought Martinez, Ward or Chad Dawson .... lol
                See, this is the ****ing deluded crap that normal fans of boxing have to hear about from fans that can't see past their own manlove for one guy. If you come in at 145 on fight night, you are a welterweight. Yes, he weighed in the day before as a featherweight etc etc, but if you weigh in at 145 while fighting, it also means you are fighting while the size of a welterweight, just like ****s like you talk about Clottey and Marg being middleweights while weighing in at welterweight.

See... In one reply, the hypocrisy you reveal to everyone but yourself is astounding and yet you'll never be able to admit or see it. You say on one hand that Pac didn't have any advantage because it doesn't matter that he weighs in as a welterweight while fighting at featherweight, and that that's just Floyd fan talk, then go straight on to talk about Pac's opponents having advantages because they weigh in up as Jr Middleweights and Middleweights and should be fighting Lightheavyweights. Funny that isn't it?

Yeah, sure mate, Cotto was the same size as Dawson, Ward and Martinez and should have been fighting them instead of Pac....**** me.

Pac vs Oscar, Hatton and Cotto fights before the outcomes the majority of boxing fans concluded Pac with only just one fight at 135 to boot is too small for them even with the catchweight. How things suddenly changed after Pac destroyed them easily and now the floydiots think Pac has all the advantages over them. LMAO!
                No, Oscar was the favourite against Pac, but Pac was the clear favourite against both Hatton and Cotto and it was expected of him to easily win against both.

Anyway, you're still missing the point. The only reason I even replied was to point out your hypocrisy by showing you that Pac has done the same **** you make Floyd theads about being a lesser fighter fighting lesser fights....all while Pac has been doing the same **** for years and continues to do it in nearly every fight he has, and you'll praise him as a God. It's pathetic. You're pathetic.

I don't particularly care that either has done what they've done, apart from a few clear advantages that were obviously too much. It's unfortunate that it has to happen at all, in any fight, at any weight and any time. All in all though, the stuff you slag on Floyd for, and make petty little threads about, Pac has done a lot more times and still continues to do it to this day in most fights of his now.

Hey, how about I put it like this: with the Rios fight coming, and since moving up to fight Oscar at a catchweight five years ago in 2008, Pacquiao will have fought every opponent, except three, at a catchweight or a weight he made them move up to, to fight him. That's three out of ten fighters across five years that have been able to fight him at their current weight or that wasn't a specially made catchweight.

In the same amount of fights, 10 since 2006, Floyd has done that only two times, and that's including the upcoming Canelo fight. Two times, compared to seven for Pac.

I don't include the Hatton fight because neither Floyd or Hatton had fought at 147 in a year and both were 147 champs at the same time only a year before. Even if you did, that's still only 3 fights in 10 compared to 7 in 10 for Pac. That alone shows you why you shouldn't be the guys bringing this type of stuff up as some kind of reason that Floyd sucks.

Funny stuff.
                Last edited by BennyST; 06-07-2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  ^^^^^^^^
                  People do remember, and not only was it unfounded, but more people correctly remember that Pacquiao was the clear favourite going in because Morales was at his best at 122/126, had lost his last fight, had shown clear signs of decline heading into the fight and as such was rightly considered to be past it. He had one last great fight, but he was past it and everything he did leading into it and after showed it to be true.

Pacquiao weighed more on the night too, so was, in respect, the bigger man physically, despite being slightly shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

See, this is the ****ing deluded crap that normal fans of boxing have to hear about from fans that can't see past their own manlove for one guy. If you come in at 145 on fight night, you are a welterweight. Yes, he weighed in the day before as a featherweight etc etc, but if you weigh in at 145 while fighting, it also means you are fighting while the size of a welterweight, just like ****s like you talk about Clottey and Marg being middleweights while weighing in at welterweight.

See... In one reply, the hypocrisy you reveal to everyone but yourself is astounding and yet you'll never be able to admit or see it. You say on one hand that Pac didn't have any advantage because it doesn't matter that he weighs in as a welterweight while fighting at featherweight, and that that's just Floyd fan talk, then go straight on to talk about Pac's opponents having advantages because they weigh in up as Jr Middleweights and Middleweights and should be fighting Lightheavyweights. Funny that isn't it?

Yeah, sure mate, Cotto was the same size as Dawson, Ward and Martinez and should have been fighting them instead of Pac....**** me.

So if you come in at 145 on fight night you are a WW? and you are implying that I don't know boxing?

A boxer who at weigh-in comes in at 130 is NOT a WW. He is a Super feather weight, who fights other fighters who also weighin under the limit. Now if that same fighter comes in at 145 on fight night, it doesn't mean that he is now fighting for the WW title. If it's a title fight, he is fighting for a Super Feather weight title.

This 130 fighter is used to hitting and being hit by other fighters who weigh-in at 130. That is different than a natural WW who weighs in at 145 because that WW will more than likely come in at 155+ on fight night and will be training to fight other true WWs.

Finally, a fighter who drops down to 130 and then goes up to 145 will more than likely not be as strong as a guy who doesn't have to drop to 130 and weighs in at 145.

One more point: Fight night weights are UNOFFICIAL. It's possible that the fighter was weighed then ate something after that or possibly went to the washroom and lost some or was wearing jewellery or extra clothing. There are other variables (eg. scale inconsistency) as well that can change that. Again, it's not official. but this point is irrelevant when you take into consideration the above points.

Until the rules change and fight night weigh-in is what constitutes what division you are in, you are WRONG!!!

The rest of your comment is gibberish. I was stating on how ludicrous RELOAD's point was. He was bringing up Manny's fight night weight and counts it as a WW BUT if you use that logic then you need to take Clottey's fight night weight and say that he is a super middle weight or higher and that Manny, the WW, was fighting super middle weights. Not that I believe that ... just making him/you understand how crazy that sounds and I believe, you concur!

RELOADED has been talking from 2 sides of his mouth and of late, even more. So his comment and my response is a combination of all that.

Now, I will just let some of this go and give you the benefit of the doubt but please before you go on calling others out like you do, at least try to understand what's up ..... because you clearly don't ...that or you belong in the same boat as RELOADED. TAKE YOUR PICK!
                    Last edited by ADP02; 06-08-2013, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X