No announcement yet.

Bob suggesting rehab for recreational drug use, not suspension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Can't have a double standard, all major sports have weed in the substance abuse, players get suspended for weed in all 4 major sports.

They shouldn't get a pass for boxing
    Then no sport should suspend for it

Plus it isnt "the sport of boxing" that suspend for weed, its the state athletic commission.

This is also the reason they allow steroid use in MMA and boxing

Comment

True, but you can't seperate weed and all other recreational drugs.
      Why not?......

Comment

um no ****. Its his fighter. he doesnt make money if he isnt fighting.

Rehab > suspension and no fighting for bob.

like he gives a **** about the fighter

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Most fighters take about 6 months in between fights so smoke your weed then if you want to. Not during a fkin training camp for the biggest fight of your life. Im down for some pot myself but where I work now I can't cause we get piss tests regularly. So if you wanna be a pothead you gonna have to choose between your career or pot. I say enjoy your career, make your money and smoke your pot after you retire.
          This. Chavez knew the rules before hand and agreed to them. cry me a river he is being punished for breaking the rules he knew were there in the first place and knew there would be consequences for a positive test result. Boxing is a privilege not a right. I cant smoke pot where I work either. It doesnt matter if I think its fair or not.

He gets paid millions for his fights and if he cant give up pot for a month so he can pass the test then thats his own damn fault. Dont fight for millions then get a different job.

Comment

For a guy like Jr who puts on 20 lbs after the weigh-in...a few bong hits help to put his appetite into over-drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Then no sport should suspend for it

Plus it isnt "the sport of boxing" that suspend for weed, its the state athletic commission.

This is also the reason they allow steroid use in MMA and boxing
              Do you know any commision which doesn't have weed on the ban list?

Comment

You do realize people in America can goto jail for smoking weed... and he's getting a 1 year suspension, without probation (criminal). Whatever your view on it is, it's illegal, don't be a ****ing idiot. Though judging by his character, he's borderline ******ed.

Comment

Do you know any commision which doesn't have weed on the ban list?
                  No but im sure there plenty in other countries that dont

The US alone as 50 athletic commissions

Point im trying to make is that the sport of boxing doesnt ban anything

Comment

Rehab for weed?

LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      No but im sure there plenty in other countries that dont

The US alone as 50 athletic commissions

Point im trying to make is that the sport of boxing doesnt ban anything
                      OK, every sport in the US with a drug policy has all recreational drugs banned and players get suspended, why should any commission in boxing make an exception because it's weed?

Comment

Working...
                      X