No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: Talks To Fight Pacquiao Are Going Really Well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy needs serious help.

I've always wondered why he considers himself a "Superstar", because here in the UK, we don't think he is better than Brook and we ALL know that Brook is no Superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
      At 147, it could be argued that Khan fought better opposition than Porter, Thurman and Brook have even though he only had 4 fights at the weight. Quite incredible when you put things in perspective since the other 3 each have considerably more fights at 147 but Khan surpassed all their records at the weight division in only 4 fights.
      What?

I could possibly agree about Thurman.

However Brook and Porter have faced each other which is better opposition than anyone Khan has been in with at 147. And the fact he's shamelessly ducking Brook doesn't help his case.

Khan hasn't really done anything since being flattened by Garcia. He hasn't been in with a top fighter who has a bit of power because he knows it can be game over.

If Algieri had some power, he would have knocked Khan out, he stung Khan a few times and he's only a notch or two above Malignaggi in terms of power. That fight was a draw anyway. I like Algieri but no supposed top fighter should be going life and death with him, especially when an old Pacquiao bounced him off the floor about 9 times or something.

Comment

If his scrounging doesn't get him a payday with Manny then I look forward to seeing who he will invent as a class 'A' opponent this time , as Khan called Chris Algieri but then in almost the same breath called him a 'last resort'.How on earth can people take him seriously is totally beyond me but then I've seen his small Khan army !!!

Comment

I feel like I'm watching a boxing movie but unlike all the other boxing movies, there's no Big Fight as a climax/conclusion. Instead its like I'm watching a boxing movie about boxing politics and negotiations starring Amir Khan, Manny Pacquaio, Kell Brook, and Bob Arum. I'm waiting for the Big Reveal at the end of the movie to be a scene in which Amir Khan is shown 'talking' to Manny Pacquaio on a phone as the camera pans over the phone showing a disconnected line.

Comment

We may as we'll call Khan the new David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Deadline incoming...

Seriously though, Khan should fight Thurman, Porter, Brook, even Spence to prove he deserves a shot at Pac.
              the problem is that he won't. he goes into exile and the top welters sign to fight each other then khan shows up and says everybody is ducking him

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                At 147, it could be argued that Khan fought better opposition than Porter, Thurman and Brook have even though he only had 4 fights at the weight. Quite incredible when you put things in perspective since the other 3 each have considerably more fights at 147 but Khan surpassed all their records at the weight division in only 4 fights.
                khan looked terrible at 140 and only has 3 fights at welter. plus he looked like a scared chicken in the algieri fight. chris actually walked him down

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                  This guy needs serious help.

I've always wondered why he considers himself a "Superstar", because here in the UK, we don't think he is better than Brook and we ALL know that Brook is no Superstar.
                  Khan has been in there with the biggest names in the sport, won some, lost some.

Brook hasn't done **** despite being a year older than Khan.

There's your answer. Far more people know who Khan is because he wasn't coddled by his managers while aging all these years.

His public visibility is very high, even if he is a dork and his personality sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    the problem is that he won't. he goes into exile and the top welters sign to fight each other then khan shows up and says everybody is ducking him
                    Exactly, while the rest of the division is matchmaking, Khan rocks up after all the best / dangerous fighters have committed, then its..."Here I am, I am King Khan, P4P top 147 fighter, why is everyone ducking me?"

Nobody is ducking you Amir, in fact, nobody gives a **** about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                      Khan has been in there with the biggest names in the sport, won some, lost some.
                      Brook hasn't done **** despite being a year older than Khan.

There's your answer. Far more people know who Khan is because he wasn't coddled by his managers while aging all these years.

His public visibility is very high, even if he is a dork and his personality sucks.
                      who are the biggest names in the sport that khan fought

Comment

Working...
                      X