No announcement yet.

what makes pac v alg a bad fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what makes pac v alg a bad fight?

tell me why it will be a bad fight (genuine question)
    i actually think it's an interesting match up.
    manny's quick on his feet (not to be confused with footwork), has fast hands.
    algieri has great footwork (not to be confused with speed), is a lot more offensive than the typical "runners", and he beat provod with an eye (well this one you could excuse based on styles)

Algieri has one notable win over a decent fighter at best, and he arguably lost. He fights at 140. It's debatable whether he's even top 5 at 140. We have to pay to watch it.

Algieri would be a good opponent for others. Manny Pacquiao has long passed the point where Algieri would be a good opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Algieri has one notable win over a decent fighter at best, and he arguably lost. He fights at 140. It's debatable whether he's even top 5 at 140. We have to pay to watch it.

Algieri would be a good opponent for others. Manny Pacquiao has long passed the point where Algieri would be a good opponent.
      ^ spot on... I'm not paying for that garbage

Comment

There's very little to suggest it will be all that competitive. If they're going to pick a fighter with such few credentials on the world stage they might as well pick someone who can bang a bit and has a punchers chance. It should be on Boxing After Dark really. I'd be surprised if it did 500k buys.

Comment

If you have to ask this question, you're stupid as hell. I'm sorry but there's no other way to put it...

Comment

This is the formula for a Floyd cherry picked opponent ...... He is a hungry young lion that just got the title and just beat Provodnikov, who gave Bradley, Alvarado and others, nightmares. So he deserves to fight Manny .... Fight the hype job before he loses

Unfortunately, Manny's team is now going to do the same.

On the positive side, Algieri can give Manny lots of trouble with his movement, height and reach advantage, speed, youth and stamina ...... but like I said above, we only know that he beat Provodnikov. Not enough to know if that will be translated to winning against other decent opponents. Algieri should have had at the very least beat a few more named opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

I think bojangles hit all the right points.

Comment

His performance against Prov was Marquez-like. So definitely on paper this is a good match up. Don't say Khan, Garcia, or Guerrero will have a better chance. They're all sure losers against Pacquiao's caliber.

Comment

The fact that it's on ppv. Algeiri hasnt done anything besides beat Provodnikov, nor is he a household name. He definitely has a style that can trouble Pac along with him being tall and rangy. It'll be an interesting style matchup but not one that I'm willing to pay for. This should be free on HBO.

Comment

ah i see, so its the ppv that ppl dont like about this fight, makes more sense...

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
                    If you have to ask this question, you're stupid as hell. I'm sorry but there's no other way to put it...
                    are you 12? 18?
                    relax.

Comment

Working...
                    X