Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death of Roman Simakov after Sergey Kovalev fight 2011 (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of Roman Simakov after Sergey Kovalev fight 2011 (VIDEO)

Roman Simakov was taken by stretcher to the hospital after losing by knockout against compatriot Sergei Kovalev and never went over there, died this morning as a result of blows received mainly in the sixth assault.
    The light heavyweight fight between fitted in the Asian Boxing Council took place in Ekaterinburg and Russian boxer, 27, suffered irreversible brain damage, reported the Russian Federation Boxing (RBF).
    "I can only say that the investigation into his death is going to take place," said Igor Maruzov, officer of the RBF, as recorded by the local press. It was the first time Simakov lost by knockout and the second defeat in 21 fights.
    Roman Simakov : http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5365&cat=boxer

Unfortunate. I wonder if he had any strange medical condition? Would be interesting to see the results of the autopsy.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Unfortunate. I wonder if he had any strange medical condition? Would be interesting to see the results of the autopsy.
      Could be a med condition pre-fight that went undetected (or unreported). But Kovalev has KOd 19 of 22 opponents so it could be that he just landed a few times in a tender spot and caused the injury during the fight. couldnt find autopsy results.

Comment

Working...
      X