No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson vs. Matthysse: The Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peterson vs. Matthysse: The Pre-Fight Report Card

By Cliff Rold - Some fights just jump out at you. When Lamont Peterson bested Kendall Holt in good, hard fight earlier this year, the post-fight press conference had plenty of people wondering the same thing aloud. “Wouldn’t he be good against Lucas Matthysse?” Two fighters who make good shows who didn’t have an imminent dance card? Same division? It just jumped right out. Now it’s here and, while this doesn’t have the star attention of some other recent affairs, the hardcore fans are salivating. They should be. Before digging in to the fight, an only in boxing moment: this is a non-title fight where one of the fighters will still have a title on the line. With Matthysse weighing in at 140, his interim WBC belt, not to be confused with the other belt the WBC charges fees for worn by Danny Garcia. [Click Here To Read More]

So Matthysse's WBC interim title IS on the line? Had Peterson weighed in at 140, would his IBF be on the line? Lucas better come hard, he loses his mandatory shot too now if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      So Matthysse's WBC interim title IS on the line? Had Peterson weighed in at 140, would his IBF be on the line? Lucas better come hard, he loses his mandatory shot too now if he loses.
      Man they're really trying to keep Lucas down. I don't suppose Lucas is one to break down easily though, especially not with the powerful toxins of exotic iguana meat flowing through his veins.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        Man they're really trying to keep Lucas down. I don't suppose Lucas is one to break down easily though, especially not with the powerful toxins of exotic iguana meat flowing through his veins.
        People breaking into his house and slashing his passport. It doesn't seem to have really affected his mental state though, was Peterson's only chance.

Comment

Hope you guys didn't fail to notice that this fight will go on with no random drug testing PEDerson has goldenboy backing his cheating ways
          Last edited by way2strong; 05-18-2013, 01:40 AM.

Comment

no lucas team didn't want the title on the line so since they didn't want to fight for the title than petersen side said they won't put their belt on the line so they agreed to fight at 141 but both men get to keep their belt.

Comment

Originally posted by JibbaJabber View Post
              no lucas team didn't want the title on the line so since they didn't want to fight for the title than petersen side said they won't put their belt on the line so they agreed to fight at 141 but both men get to keep their belt.
              That's what I though too. But in this Report Card, unless I'm reading it wrong Cliff says because he weighed it at 140, it is on the line? I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong or what.

Comment

That's what I though too. But in this Report Card, unless I'm reading it wrong Cliff says because he weighed it at 140, it is on the line? I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong or what.
                no, even though this fight is at 141, matthysse's 140 lb interim belt is still on the line.

it's amazing how corrupt this sport is. if matthysse beats the ibf champ tomorrow night, he won't be able to claim an actual world title, the loser will walk away with his belt. lucas just keeps his interim title if he wins. and all this talk about no drug testing or whatever, man i hope matthysse knocks peterson into coma. how anyone can support a drug cheat like him is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  no, even though this fight is at 141, matthysse's 140 lb interim belt is still on the line.

it's amazing how corrupt this sport is. if matthysse beats the ibf champ tomorrow night, he won't be able to claim an actual world title, the loser will walk away with his belt. lucas just keeps his interim title if he wins. and all this talk about no drug testing or whatever, man i hope matthysse knocks peterson into coma. how anyone can support a drug cheat like him is unbelievable.
                  What a bunch of BS, Lucas is still getting screwed over even though they told us both titles weren't on the line. I hope Lucas wrecks Peterson, and then Garcia. Both GBP fighters, but Lucas always gets screwed in negotiations. Curious to see how they were paid.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post

What a bunch of BS, Lucas is still getting screwed over even though they told us both titles weren't on the line. I hope Lucas wrecks Peterson, and then Garcia. Both GBP fighters, but Lucas always gets screwed in negotiations. Curious to see how they were paid.
                    It's unbelievably sickening the lengths that GBP is going to try to screw Matthysse over. And on top of that Golden Boy refused to partake in any testing for this fight, despite knowing a drug cheater will be in the ring. I guess Golden Boy doesn't really care if they're cheating, because they know now that when their fighters cheat it's lost money for the promotions.

Comment

Working...
                    X