Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirkland re-injures shoulder, fight off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirkland re-injures shoulder, fight off?

https://twitter.com/#!/stevecarprj

Steve Carp ‏@stevecarprj
    James Kirkland injured his shoulder while training this a.m. and has pulled out of his Sept. 15 fight vs. Canelo Alvarez at MGM in Vegas.

Steve Carp ‏@stevecarprj
    Kirkland's manager Cameron Dunkin confirmed the news. "He's absolutely sick about it." Kirkland was scheduled to make around $3 million.
    Boxing has the worst luck...

Lol@ anyone surprised by this. They rushed him. A week ago he was looking for an October tune up and now he's magically ready? Cmon son.

Now who will Lara get passed up for?

Comment

fck man!

lara?

Comment

Wow. I bet Canelo gets the Trout-Rodriguez winner now.

Been such a strange year in boxing so far. Hopefully the second half picks up.

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
          fck man!

lara?
          I actually really like a Lara-Canelo fight. It'd be a 50/50 fight, IMO.

Comment

Well this sucks but i did hear Oct then all of the sudden Sept so not really surprised. Leaves Lara, Vanes, or even Molina. Im cool with either one of those names

Comment

some guy on twitter said Kirkland and his camp are devastated bc he was going to make over $3 million holy **** i didnt think he was going to get paid like that for this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Well this sucks but i did hear Oct then all of the sudden Sept so not really surprised. Leaves Lara, Vanes, or even Molina. Im cool with either one of those names
                Im cool with anyone but Molina. first choice would be lara though

Comment

2012 is cursed im convinced....why cant the ****ty fights ever fall through???

Comment

the only good thing about this is that Lara might actually get his shot now. Canelo would have beat williams easily imo and most likely kirland.. war lara

Comment

Working...
                    X