No announcement yet.

Junior Witter would have made Ricky Hatton look like a ******

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Witter would have made Ricky Hatton look like a ******

Serious talk, Hatton managed to duck "the hitter" his entire career, good job too because Hatton would have been exposed big time.

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
    Serious talk, Hatton managed to duck "the hitter" his entire career, good job too because Hatton would have been exposed big time.
    I sure wouldn't be surprised. Hatton made a good career out of fighting guys that weren't big threats, apart from the obvious ones, which he lost. Witter was a tricky fight for anyone, and I think he would have beaten Hatton.

At the very least, he would have made Hatton look like an idiot in a bumbling fight. So, I think they studiously avoided him at all costs.
    Last edited by BennyST; 10-01-2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Old KT would've handled Witter. Young Hatton would've as well.

Comment

I agree. Witter is extremely aukward. Ok Bradley and Alexander beat him but neither of them looked particuarly good doing it. Hatton and Witter are opposites in so many ways. Hatton was guided through his career by Frank Warren and got paid millions to get his ass kicked by Floyd and Pacquiao.

Witter worked his way up to the top the hard way. Alot of guys didnt want to fight him and therefore he wasnt very well known but I do think he was a much better boxer than Ricky Hatton. And proberbly would have knocked him out in a simular fashion to what he did to Vivian Harris.

Comment

Not too hard to do.....This IS Hatton afterall :hah9:

Poet

Comment

Prime Witter looked good when the pace of a fight was slow, but I think Ricky would have brought plenty of pace and aggression. I wouldn't give any version of Witter much of a chance over the Hatton that fought Tszyu or Castillo.

I'll plump for a decision win for Hatton if they were to have met prime for prime.

I dont blame Hatton for not facing Witter, he wouldn't have looked great in beating him. He got much bigger paydays facing genuine pound for pound rated fighters in Tszyu, Castillo, Mayweather and Pacquiou. The last two were clearly at the peak of their powers...........Ricky is hardly a ducker, the competition he faced were clearly superior to Witter!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
              Prime Witter looked good when the pace of a fight was slow, but I think Ricky would have brought plenty of pace and aggression. I wouldn't give any version of Witter much of a chance over the Hatton that fought Tszyu or Castillo.
              Good point, I agree.

Comment

Nah.

Lets put this in perpective.

Biggest Witter wins = Kotelnic and NDou. Both fighters pushed him hard and the wins were hardly dynamic.

Hattons best wins = Tszyu, Tackie, Phillips, Castillio, Collazu, Urango. Not all prime and he struggled with Collazo big time but these are more more significant results than Juniors.

Hatton prob cops a lot of flack on here due to being English and destroyed by Pac.

I tired of the man of the people shtick long ago and dissaproved of how he dealt with Billy Graham but he's a far better fighter than Witter.

Getting beat by two p4ps is differnt than getting done by Bradley and Alexander.

IMO its a nonsense to rate Witter above Hatton. Hatton was a world class fighter but clearly short of the very elite. Witters fringe world class at best.

He makes Hatton look bad for 4 - 6 but gets left behind or stopped on his feet second half of the fight.

Comment

Witter would have KO Hatton before the Tsyzu fight, There was a reason why they shipped south american pizza delivery drivers, lightweight fighter and old shot mediocre fighters in for Hatton to feast on while his main domestic rival at the time was avoided.

Comment

Hatton is a low-skill clubfighter. He got exposed big-time when he stepped up in class. A shot Tszyu and a shot Castillo doesn't count as a step up in class.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X