No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole Inside Information and Article on Glove debacle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    And vice versa. You really think the CEO of Everlast will say anything to discredit the company he runs?
    So if you know all that then why not just go by the official ruling?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Obviously because they were requested to. When you're fighting at that level, they make the gloves exactly how you like them. I'm betting the brought the reds knowing that the blue might get rejected.
      Hmm interesting theory. Why did Floyd's guys bring in a giant bag filled with 100 different colors of Grant gloves and offer them to Maidana as replacements for his blue Everlasts (none of which Floyd is wearing - he is wearing his own custom pair)? Suspicious...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Fact is The Commission ruled the pair of gloves Maidana originally wanted to use were defects, thus he's not allowed to wear his custom batch, the padding was poorly distributed - who wants to get punched by Maidana, while he wears poorly padded gloves?

He is allowed to wear stock Everlast gloves, to which Floyd also protested, not sure why, maybe to simply piss Maidana off, or to get his own way or to create some controversy, but the commission overruled

case closed
        exactly!

these dweebs who keep denying its about the padding are either suffering from mental illness or are complete blithering idiots!
        which is it?
        a bad case of dumb. maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
          Hmm interesting theory. Why did Floyd's guys bring in a giant bag filled with 100 different colors of Grant gloves and offer them to Maidana as replacements for his blue Everlasts (none of which Floyd is wearing - he is wearing his own custom pair)? Suspicious...
          Sure, but in not playing that childish "taking sides" game. Just because Maidana was given inappropriate gloves doesn't mean I'm taking Floyd's side. Floyd wears his own custom pair too and they get inspected as well.

Comment

Maidana who is a nobody told Everlast to make his gloves with less padding and they complied.

Makes complete sense.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
              Ya, lets get the "Grant" guy's opinion on Everlasts gloves.

I'm sure Maidana wearing his Grant gloves wouldn't benefit him.
              he kept it real and didnt bad mouth them. he simply said even their(grant) horse hair punchers gloves has more padding than that blue glove and the glove had very little padding in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                If it's custom made then they could have made it with less padding. Just saying,
                This ^^^^. Not saying Floyd is right, but many people have vested interest in this and that includes the CEO of Everlast. Imagine Maidana knocking out Mayweather in Everlast gloves? The publicity for Everlast would be huge!

In my gut though, i feel this is just paranoia and mind games on Floyd's part, because when you get that big you feel everyone is out to get you one way or another, and rightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                  This ^^^^. Not saying Floyd is right, but many people have vested interest in this and that includes the CEO of Everlast. Imagine Maidana knocking out Mayweather in Everlast gloves? The publicity for Everlast would be huge!

In my gut though, i feel this is just paranoia and mind games on Floyd's part, because when you get that big you feel everyone is out to get you one way or another, and rightly so.
                  OMG, did you see Maidana knock Floyd out last night..He was wearing Everlast MX gloves! !! File that under conversations you'll never hear in your lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                  X