No announcement yet.

James DeGale v Bika?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James DeGale v Bika?

James won again on Saturday night with a typically 'in-and-out' performance against a very basic, properly game Armenian tough guy.

He showed great potential and flashes of ability as well as the kind of basic, avoidable mistakes that also make you think that he is going to come up badly short against a world champion and get himslef in a world of grief.

However, with Badou Jack imploding big-time this weekend; James is now well-set to get a fight with the dangerous, unpredictable and seasoned champion Sakio Bika and for the belt.

Should James take the fight and give it a go or should he bide his time, get his fitness back and iron out some of those issues? And if he does go for Bika how does he go?

I am a fan of James...but I am not sold

I'd favor degale. Bika is to crude and predictable..

I'd imagine Degale fights at range on the counter for the 12..

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
      James won again on Saturday night with a typically 'in-and-out' performance against a very basic, properly game Armenian tough guy.

He showed great potential and flashes of ability as well as the kind of basic, avoidable mistakes that also make you think that he is going to come up badly short against a world champion and get himslef in a world of grief.

However, with Badou Jack imploding big-time this weekend; James is now well-set to get a fight with the dangerous, unpredictable and seasoned champion Sakio Bika and for the belt.

Should James take the fight and give it a go or should he bide his time, get his fitness back and iron out some of those issues? And if he does go for Bika how does he go?

I am a fan of James...but I am not sold
      How much more time must DeGale bide? He isn't getting young and has been a pro for about 5 years. I think it's time he moves up in class, having said that, the biggest issue holding him back is that he loses concentration a number of times throughout a fight. When he is fully switched on, he is often in a different class but that niggling doubt remains, can he do it for every minute of 12 rounds against a world titlist?

Comment

i wasnt too impressed with Degale at the weekend and though ive not seen Bikas last few fights if hestill has the stamina i think he takes James to a place he has never been and cant handle but he has to try.

Comment

I think its a very close fight where Degale can take rounds with his skill and Bika can take some with activity.

We know what Bika will do, he is not an unknown quantity. As everyone has said so far a lot depends on which Degale turns up and whether he can remain concentrated for all 12. Personally i think he would, and that his concentration and consistency would benefit from fighting someone he considers a real threat.

Comment

If he backs himself onto the ropes without even being bullied there I would fancy Bika to beat him up a bit.

Degale is tough though imo and has a good chin and is bound to win rounds with his superior skills and make it close. I think Bika wins a close one based activity, aggressiveness, and outlasting Degale.

Comment

imo degale looked sloppy on saturday, looked wild and missed loads of shots in the early rounds. walked his man down but got caught alot in doing so he bruises quite easily so he needs to be more careful. he also looked slow he was throwing alot of rear left hooks which is quite dangerous he used to look alot faster he just looked slow on saturday and did enough to get the win. i think he'll either have hell with bika or win an easy ud. i really like james degale and would like to see him win the world title but i'm not sure how limited he has become.

Comment

Degale will win this fight, if he gets the decision remains to be seen though.

Comment

I don't think DeGale's performance on Saturday should be focused on too much. He was sloppy and had a lack of respect for his opponent.

Against Bika, he will box completely differently. I expect him to UD Bika about 8 rounds to 4.

Comment

Not convinced about Degale.

He is basically beating journeyman European fighters and not even doing that convincingly.

He has plenty of excuses about injury etc, yet last weekend he claimed to be injury free and still made hard work of beating a guy who (whilst brave and durable) is not really any where near Degale's (supposed) class.

I also think he cuts and swells too easily, for all his 'defensive skill' he looked as beat up as his opponent.

There are flashes of real talent, but I don't think there is enough to beat Bika.

Comment

Working...
                    X