No announcement yet.

Thoughts on James Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
    Aside from the unexpected upset against Ishida, he's shown great ability to handle some very tricky and strong guys at 154. His win and composure over Angulo and Tapia show this ability, and I think a Canelo - Kirkland fight would be very entertaining.
    Everyone not named Carlos Molina

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
      Molina was exhausted from holding 200 times, gt knocked down, and before Kirkland, who had a torn shoulder which he got surgery for, could finish him, Molinas stupid ass cornerman destroyed the fight.

Hows that for a sentence.

He's clearly underrated is all I will say about him.
      Between the two who is the hyped one and whose a "World" champion?

Atleast Molina can blame his corner man but who is Kirkland gonna blame for his troubles with the law which have affected his career?

Comment

I like his fighting style. The guy just keeps coming like a machine.

Comment

Comment

I can only speak for myself. I don't think he is very good or very smart. He is almost 30and has never been a champion and I don't think he will ever be a champion. His trainer and his condition are a plus for him and he has good stamina and throws lots of punches. He is not as big a puncher as some think. He hits pretty hard with both hands but he usually gets his knock downs and knock outs with a large number of punches not one or two good punches. I think he has a gangster mentality and is just as likely to end up in jail as to win a world title. I think he will be rated in the top 10 or 15 154 or 160 pounders for 1or 2 years but will never be a champion and will go down hill soon.

Comment

I forgot to say the main reason I don't think Kirkland will ever be a world champion is that he is easy to hit and his chin is not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                I like his fighting style. The guy just keeps coming like a machine.
                No doubt. Would love to see him more in the picture vs top guys at 154

Comment

He's either going to KO his opponent or get KO'd lol, I'm a fan.

Comment

Always brings it and is ready to KO or be KO'd !

Comment

Fun to watch, even when he's getting folded by part time Honda engineers. But those pills he admitted to taking in a fight didn't sit too well with me. Hopefully he fights Triple G down the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X