Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes taking to twitter to get Macklin fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too good of a fighter to fight on short notice, IMO, but I'd love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      That and he'd be moving up in weight class
      True, Macklin is legit 160. Something tells me Vanes got a wake up call and he might actually come to fight if this happens

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        True, Macklin is legit 160. Something tells me Vanes got a wake up call and he might actually come to fight if this happens
        Well Bob's running short at 154.... maybe a move up to 160 would be good for him... but then again i doubt he moves up so soon against a person like Macklin

Comment

Well Bob's running short at 154.... maybe a move up to 160 would be good for him... but then again i doubt he moves up so soon against a person like Macklin
          With his loss on Saturday, I don't even know what realistic credible options Vanes even has at 54.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            With his loss on Saturday, I don't even know what realistic credible options Vanes even has at 54.
            He really has nothing... GBP has the monopoly there. 160 a little more lenient because nobody really has a hold on the division promotional wise

Comment

He really has nothing... GBP has the monopoly there. 160 a little more lenient because nobody really has a hold on the division promotional wise
              His only option for another title shot would be if Baysangurov beats Andrade and if Rabchenko beats Canelo for the vacant belt. Even then.... not sure he deserves a title shot, can definitely see him moving up

Comment

Vanes is in a pretty bad place right now. He's been unfortunate in having to face 3 awkward southpaws in all his HBO fights and hasn't look great in any of them. Has to jump on any opportunity he gets because it's doubtful he would get a call from HBO otherwise now.

But yeah, I'm picking Vanes if it happens.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-12-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Hell no, Vanes is boring. Put Macklin in with a middleweight slugger and it will be a FOTY candidate. Vanes is a moron i remember an interview with him back in 2010 where he was calling out Sergio, Pwill and Mosley and was saying that everybody was ducking him etc.

Dude is boring and delusional so it was a pleasure to watch Andrade boxing the crap out of him

Comment

Wasn't he "taking it" to Andrade too? We saw what happened in the ring.

Now he doesn't care about his eye huh? Funny.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Might as well. Who else is there? Caleb Truax?

Comment

Working...
                      X