Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Celestino Caballero More Than Happy to Unify With Salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Celestino Caballero More Than Happy to Unify With Salido

As previously reported, WBA featherweight champion Celestino Caballero (36-4, 23KOs) wanted the winner of Saturday's rematch between Orlando Salido and Juan Manuel Lopez. At the recent WBA convention in Panama, Caballero says he spoke to Top Rank's Vice President Carl Morretti about facing the Salido-Juanma winner in July.

[Click Here To Read More]

If Bob will have his way, Celestino won't be getting any of these match ups......lol...

Comment

I know Team Garcia wants Cab.

Hopefully that happens.

Comment

nobody aint gonna unify with u,So just fight mikey

Comment

Caballero would beat Salido. Mikey can fight someone like Rafael Marquez next, and than he could fight the Caballero-Salido winner.

Caballero fights anyone, no doubt. He looks good with Jeff Mayweather. I think he has another year or two of top fighting left. I wouldn't go to Indonesia for Chris John though, that's a sure way to get robbed. Caballero has earned a big unification fight.

He seems very underrated on these message boards. He's won 3 titles in 2 weight classes. He's beaten Ponce De Leon, Sithchatchawal (i think that's how you spell it), Castillo, Parra, Molitor, Mathebula, Yordan, Barros, Hosono. He has a really solid resume at SBW and FW.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 03-11-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

This shouldn't even be a discussion. Sorry but you a$$holes are wrong. Not only would Salido beat Caballero, he would make him look like a 12 year old girl. Salido KOs Caballero within 5. The gentleman is done sir.

Comment

Caballero is good. He's not in his "prime" anymore, but he's look good against Barros and Hosono. He's past his prime-still good.

Against someone who can box, Salido can be beat. Lopez is not a real strong boxer and has no defense, and Salido took it to him. I still think Salido can lose to Garcia and Caballero.

Comment

Cabellero is a solid boxer but I dont think he has enough pop to discourage salido ...cabellero has good range and ok defense he could make it a fight but i doubt it

Comment

Its time for one Featherweight Champion

Comment

IMO Caballero is on the down side but still a viable threat but I can't see him handling Salido over 12...

Comment

Working...
                    X