Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

angulo lost because he punched himself out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
    angulo threw his typical "flurry" & tried to regroup like he's done countless of times & he became the hunted. in that case angulo has gassed in rounds against many of his past opponents. Angulo always throws punches in bunches & backs off & breaks the opponent down in the later rounds when he can't get the ko early. thats what he was gonna do but kirklands body shots stopped him in his tracks............also. to know how the fight would be if angulo didn't throw his typical flurry (which most of it was blocked, hit gloves) you have to look at the styles. EVEN BEFORE angulo threw that flurry kirkland was beating him. kirkland is QUICKER & punches in combinantions. angulo was gonna look slow & outworked regardless of the flurry. kirkland was beyond conditioned by wolf in that fight.......

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN BY POSTERS SUCH AS YOURSELF SPREADING MISINFORMATION ABOUT THIS FIGHT IN NSB. it's gotten beyond ridiculous.
    there is no misinformation whatsoever. Angulo threw too many puches, gassed out, and Kirkland was strong enough to take advantage, unlike other Angulo opponents.

stop being such a baby. Also, are you entirely forgetting that Kirkland was dropped hard by a counter right hand? You can hardly say that Kirkland was winning before the flurry when he had just been put on his ass so quick in the fight.

its ridiculous how emo you posters get. I was cheering on Kirkland the entire first round to stick in there, because I thought he had a good shot at beating Angulo if he could have survived through the barrage.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      You are very correct, Kirkland won because he stayed on him and wouldn't let him recover while other fighters fear the power and pressure so they run and give Angulo time to catch his breath but I am not saying Kirkland won only because Angulo gassed a bit I am just saying it played a critical role in the fight and how it played out.
      it didn't play a "critical" role because angulo does that in many of his fights. (throws a wild flurry & then backs off) the critical point of the fight was when kirkland followed him with body shots. thats the critical point........& kirkland continued to outwork & demolish angulo afterwards.

angulo wasn't gonna have an answer for kirklands work rate & determination to win. wolf had kirkland ready to literally die in the ring. posters don't understand how badly kirkland wanted to win............they don't get it because their looking from the outside.
      Last edited by americanbot; 11-06-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        there is no misinformation whatsoever. Angulo threw too many puches, gassed out, and Kirkland was strong enough to take advantage, unlike other Angulo opponents.

stop being such a baby. Also, are you entirely forgetting that Kirkland was dropped hard by a counter right hand? You can hardly say that Kirkland was winning before the flurry when he had just been put on his ass so quick in the fight.

its ridiculous how emo you posters get. I was cheering on Kirkland the entire first round to stick in there, because I thought he had a good shot at beating Angulo if he could have survived through the barrage.
        look dude. theres points that needs to be addressed. & I'm just here to address every single one of them because theres misinformation (not painting a full picture of what happened) & flat out lies being spread (angulo was weak coming into the fight, angulo had a bad training camp. if angulo wouldn't have did this & that = EXCUSES)

now. we were addressing the flurry, not the flash knock down.......but BEFORE the flash knock down angulo was being backed up & overwhelmed in a corner. & then he hit kirkland with that right & proceeded to flurry. but before that he was being outworked & caught with crisp shots. ANGULO WAS LOSING UP IN TILL HE SCORED THAT FLASH KNOCK DOWN. thats how the fight was gonna go if kirkland was never knocked down or angulo never threw that flurry. (angulo looking slow & being outworked) I'm tired of the misinformation.....it's gotten moronic.
        Last edited by americanbot; 11-06-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Angulo has power and excellent chin but he is super slow and has no boxing technique whatsoever. He'll never be the same after this fight, he'll be gun shy. It was good win for Kirkland but any top boxer with speed and technique will beat Kirkland again .

Comment

Angulo was losing up until the knockdown? The fight was literally less than 30 seconds into the first round. And its not like Angulo was getting the **** kicked out of him during those 30 seconds anyways, Kirkland was missing a fair share of his shots and Angulo had landed some decent ones himself, and thats not even counting the knockdown....

Saying that the entire fight will look like the first 30 seconds of it is a bit ridiculous, especially when youre ignoring a counter right hand knockdown.

That being said I think that Kirkland might have gone on to win anyway, assuming the knockdown+flurry never happened.

Comment

Angulo looked very bad on the weight in day, extremely drained, he was interviewed and could barely speak. No wonder he gassed out so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                Angulo was losing up until the knockdown? The fight was literally less than 30 seconds into the first round. And its not like Angulo was getting the **** kicked out of him during those 30 seconds anyways, Kirkland was missing a fair share of his shots and Angulo had landed some decent ones himself, and thats not even counting the knockdown....

Saying that the entire fight will look like the first 30 seconds of it is a bit ridiculous, especially when youre ignoring a counter right hand knockdown.

That being said I think that Kirkland might have gone on to win anyway, assuming the knockdown+flurry never happened.
                yes he was losing before the flash knock down..........& angulo was being backed up. thats the key. angulo (who doesn't back up) was being backed up & outworked with crisp shots.....the fight was gonna go like that based on the styles, angulo backing up kirkland coming forward & out working angulo. I'm ignoring the flash kd & the flurry because i wanted to separate both to see what actually happened BEFORE those drastic events took place. & it was kirkland backing up angulo & outworking him.

how's that so hard to understand?

BTW KIRKLAND SAID THAT HE IS ALL FOR A REMATCH. ANGULO ACTS LIKE HE DOESN'T WANT A REMATCH. angulo even refused a post fight interview...............i think angulo will just slowly fade out of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
                  Angulo looked very bad on the weight in day, extremely drained, he was interviewed and could barely speak. No wonder he gassed out so fast.
                  THE EXCUSES. & posters such as steak wonders why i created this thread.

I'm glad I've EXPOSED THE LIES & MISINFORMATION THATS RUNNING RAPID IN THIS FORUM ABOUT THE FIGHT HAHAHAHA

Comment

Poor man excuse.Angulo bit more then he can chew.why did he let kirkland come back? What about those bombs kirkland was hammering on angulo,what about half of the punches angulo threw being blocked considering half of them way off.

Comment

No excuse, he looked like a zombie on that interview (noche de puņos friday mexican show). He gassed out big time and Kirkland took advantage of it.

Ps.- Actually I think he suffered some level of hypoglycemic shock. He still deserves the defeat tough.
                      Last edited by Phantomas; 11-06-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X